Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator thread

Moderator thread

Recently picked. Up a aimsport aimzonic compact can you change the thread on them thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PAULT View Post
    Recently picked. Up a aimsport aimzonic compact can you change the thread on them thanks
    Never re-threaded a mod, repaired a few that had a first thread damaged. Most of them look like they would not.

The Jet Z looks to have ample material to alter say,from 1/2" to 14mm. However, if you remove any material or alter a firearm in any way, if I understand the new firearm laws, it should be sent for reproofing.
    So my question back at you. Is it worth it? imho NO! jc

There's a large nut which supposedly comes out to change thread you need a special tool to remove it thanks

Sorted now thread can be changed

Quote Originally Posted by PAULT View Post
    Sorted now thread can be changed
    Thanks for that PAULT, good news! I have seen some mods with nut type inserts. No idea they were interchangeable. jc

I had a Jet-z with a M14 thread. Jackson rifles changed it to 1/2 inch X 20 UNF for a small fee. Regards JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 27-11-2015 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    Never re-threaded a mod, repaired a few that had a first thread damaged. Most of them look like they would not.

The Jet Z looks to have ample material to alter say,from 1/2" to 14mm. However, if you remove any material or alter a firearm in any way, if I understand the new firearm laws, it should be sent for reproofing.
    So my question back at you. Is it worth it? imho NO! jc
    Been done on here before, no re-proof necessary for rethreads or barrel shortening.
    are there new firearms laws then?

I can take the back off and put a different thead in and use on two rifles

Unfortunately, Aimsonic moderators are no longer distributed by the excellent and always helpful Alan Rhone Ltd but by the utterly useless and disinterested Highland Outdoors with their non-existent customer service. They don't seem to expect their staff to know anything about their products, so getting any sense out of them regarding spares is usually fruitless...

Hello palmer mike, Up until last year the alteration of firearms in Scotland only affected any insurance you held on it, if you did not get it re-proofed. When new firearms regulations came out we were required by law to have any alterations (threading etc) re-proofed.

I ploughed through the new (long) regulations and could never find where it was specifically stated. It was like chinese whispers, so I asked the RFD at our rifle club, the position on two items which I was interested 1) storage of non expanding amo; A. Does not count toward our total,until loaded.(easy I found that)
    2) What is the law with regard to altering a firearm,namely threading a rifle to fit a mod. I was told that; Any material removed from a firearm, threading, it must be re-proofed.

I found the jargon difficult to follow in these legal documents, being an engineer,not a lawyer. Maybe BASC could clarify the law for us,it sure would help. England and Scotland may be different of course (Police Scotland)

With regard to the OPs question,I see my Jet Z has a similar fitting as described by the op, I wonder if that is also interchangeable and how would it be treated as in 'altering a firearm'.... cheers.jc