Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need unity not bickering amongst us!

We need unity not bickering amongst us!

With our sport under such close scrutiny and attacks from all sides by groups such as LACS and the likes and of course threats of tighter gun laws etc how the heck are we going to survive unless we can learn to work and speak together in one united body and voice?
    I am finding it incresingly frustrating (And sometimes infuriating) when I find that members posting threads (Often asking plain, reasonable and simple questions) on The Stalking Directory are coming underattack from some of The Stalking Directory members themselves!
    If we can't talk about and discuss things in a civilised manner then I fear that there is little hope! A typical example of this is on the thread:
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-you-have-done
    I recently came under attack myself in a similar manner on here when all I did was ask for suggestions for "Fun Targets" to use on a "friendly get together type of shoot" to add a little fun into our shooting.
    We should be working together, not ripping each other appart.
    OK, I appreciate that sometimes we make mistakes of things can get lost in translation, and when this happens we should be corrected and have our errors pointed out to us, but that doesn't mean that we are dangerous or that we should have the police informed and our SGC or FAC revoked and our guns confliscated.
    For heavens sake, let's all get a grip and stand as one vioce trying to help and advise each other to further and promote shooting rather than let ourselves rather than keep allowing ourselves seen as some sort of divided group that hasn't got a clue how to behave and discuss things intilligently and politely - We are the ones that should be setting the example!

Your thoughts are welcome but PLEASE do not turn this thread into yet another slanging match!

+1����

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Whilst your sentiments are echoed, I lost all faith that shooters in this SMALL island will ever sing with one voice a long time ago.
    That is the problem, SMALL ISLAND. Therefore limited shooting opportunities and somebody willing to stab you in the back to get what you have. Combine that with landowners wanting as much revenue as they can get and it soon becomes clear why loose tongues cost permissions.
    Sad but true but I'd love to be proved wrong.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

I have, for more than forty years, been saddened by the fact that in such a fantastic pastime such as ours with so many helpful and like- minded participants there are so many selfish and self-serving attitudes. Those people do nothing more than bolster the cause of those who would deprive us of our persuit

I was surprised that the one shouting for me to have my firearms removed had already had his confiscated
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Frenchie, there is no question but that you are right - having differing opinions is normal amongst people used to making up their own mind but conflict and criticism has taken a macho turn and i also find it repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    I was surprised that the one shouting for me to have my firearms removed had already had his confiscated

Has this been the way things turned out?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Frenchie, there is no question but that you are right - having differing opinions is normal amongst people used to making up their own mind but conflict and criticism has taken a macho turn and i also find it repulsive.
    Yes Kes, conflict and criticism is one thing, and sometimes a good way to learn, but stupid insults, accusations and slanging matches, etc (Which often seem to be for no other reason than to get a bit of attention or belittle others) are completely different. I thought that as SGC or FAC holders we were surposed to be responsible and reasonably intelligent people but some of the slanging matched, insults and childish tantrums we occasionally see on here makes me wonder!
    I believe that it's high time that every one of us stopped and thought about how visitors (Possibly antis, FEOs, FLDs etc) might see us when they see this sort of thing going on amongst ourselves when we should (IMHO) be standing united, or am I just an "Odd Ball" that sees things differently to others?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Yes Kes, conflict and criticism is one thing, and sometimes a good way to learn, but stupid insults, accusations and slanging matches, etc (Which often seem to be for no other reason than to get a bit of attention or belittle others) are completely different. I thought that as SGC or FAC holders we were surposed to be responsible and reasonably intelligent people but some of the slanging matched, insults and childish tantrums we occasionally see on here makes me wonder!
    I believe that it's high time that every one of us stopped and thought about how visitors (Possibly antis, FEOs, FLDs etc) might see us when they see this sort of thing going on amongst ourselves when we should (IMHO) be standing united, or am I just an "Odd Ball" that sees things differently to others?
    If you are then I think I am another one.

We are always going to be behind the black, can't ever imagine enough getting together to change things.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!