Thread: Butler Creek scope covers for S&B Classic 6x42?

Butler Creek scope covers for S&B Classic 6x42?

Can anyone tell me which size scope covers I need for an S&B 6x42 Classic German scope? I am thinking the Blizzard type with the transparent covers rather than the Flip Open with the opaque covers. Thanks in advance. Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    Can anyone tell me which size scope covers I need for an S&B 6x42 Classic German scope? I am thinking the Blizzard type with the transparent covers rather than the Flip Open with the opaque covers. Thanks in advance. Boogie.
    Hiya, have a look here....just scroll down to S&B....

http://schouvapen.no/sitefiles/26/do...rtBrochure.PDF

I've got an older but perfect Butler Creek flip open for the objective lens & one of these for the eyepiece; Hunting - Rifle scope cover - AccuCover - reduces parallax error for faster and more accurate shooting

Both just come off a S&B 6x42 & are pretty much immaculate should you be interested.

Thanks for this Norrie, looks like I need a 6 and a 7 blizzard.

McKenzie, thank you for the offer, however it's for my Christmas list so it's easier if I pass on the info for the new ones. I am after the Blizzard covers having sat in the pissing rain for 40 minutes waiting for a stag to stand and present a shot a while back. I like the idea of being able to get the rifle on target with the transparent covers down when's it's raining and then flip up covers to take the shot without repositioning the rifle. Whether it works in practice remains to be seen.

I've actually reverted to the transparent bikini covers that the scope came with for this very reason.

Are your covers still up for sale. I have an S+B 6x42. does the eye piece fit well?
    And of course, how much do you want.
    Thank you
    Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Both covers are snug fits. The Accucover does reduce the eye relief a bit. Happy to send them to you on approval & if you want them you can send me 20 +p&p

Quote Originally Posted by ployters View Post
    Are your covers still up for sale. I have an S+B 6x42. does the eye piece fit well?
    And of course, how much do you want.
    Thank you
    Kevin

Thanks. I can get new ones for 20 posted.
    K