Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW80K FAC

Weihrauch HW80K FAC

Looking for an as new HW80K, preferably that has had a high quality tuning kit on it. 22 calibre and around 22 ft/lbs would be good.

Left handed would be a bonus, but right handed is fine, just means need to get a Custom stock.

Will consider other high quality spring / gas ram, provided they are over 20 ft/lbs.

Will not be an instant purchase, as need to apply for a .25 to .22 variation.

( Edit: Turns out these HW80 are surprisingly expensive, so started a new thread looking for a Theoben Eliminator 0.25)

Cheers
    Last edited by lambic; 29-11-2015 at 16:46.

HW80 in .20 calibre but only 12ftlbs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	504.1 KB 
ID:	63831

Nice gun Eddie. Did you get my PM?

I did and have just replied.

Ed

I am afraid I am looking for something around half the price qouted Eddie.

The search continues....................

Open to consider other rifles, even the scope destroyer Eliminator

I reckoned that might be the case.
    Good luck in your quest.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by lambic View Post
    Looking for an as new HW80K, preferably that has had a high quality tuning kit on it. 22 calibre and around 22 ft/lbs would be good.

Left handed would be a bonus, but right handed is fine, just means need to get a Custom stock.

Will consider other high quality spring / gas ram, provided they are over 20 ft/lbs.

Will not be an instant purchase, as need to apply for a .25 to .22 variation.

Cheers
    If nothing turns up second hand and you buy new, you could do a lot worse than approach a company called "Sandwell field sports" in the Birmingham area. This company has a very good reputation for tuning Weihrauch air rifles. I had a new HW95k ( sub 12ftlb) done by them and it is superb.

At the time it had the action and trigger tuned for 50 as I recall and it is far smoother to shoot than the standard rifle. I can also get less than 5p sized groups with it at 40 yards, which as I am sure you undoubtedly know, is very good for a spring powered air rifle .

One thing is for sure, to get a smooth firing, accurate 22ft/Lb HW80 - you need a professional quality tuning job.
    Last edited by paultap; 28-11-2015 at 14:47.

Good advice Paul

Stumbled across that name.

What do you think could be achieved with a HW97KT powerwise? I have read only 16 ftlbs which is not worth bothering with.

Tony at Sandwell sorted me a HW80K on FAC doing 21ftlb cracking wee gun, great service prices very fair and always a smile and a cupa when you arrive..
    would get my vote..

Definitely would recommend Tony at Sandwell, possibly the most knowledgeable tuner of springers there is.