Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swap Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 Laser Rangefinder Yards 4 Metres

Swap Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 Laser Rangefinder Yards 4 Metres

As new, boxed and unscratched, Leica CRF 1200 in yards.

Swap for similar, but in metres.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

The new ones do metres and yards....

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    The new ones do metres and yards....
    Unhelpful.

S.
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Unhelpful.

S.
    erm, not really. I have hte lica crf 1200 does metres and yards, just a case of pressing a combination of the two buttons and instead of the red square being there it is a red square with a dot that comes up......

SD Regular
    FLYTIE is right. I know! I bought a Leica CRF 1200 reduced, new in box, from the Leica Store Mayfair. Got it home and...yes...metres! Bugger! So I gave it away to my friend's son, a soldier, as he uses metres in his daily work.

He was very happy!

I too was under the idea posted by STALKER .308 that like the older Leica Rangefinder LRF 1200 that I had earlier bought for my son that these too had a button to switch from yards to meters. Uh oh! They don't!

It's the later model but yards only or metres only the CRF. And that's it. No "Y" or "M" select button...so much for progress by continual evolution.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 28-11-2015 at 22:13.

Thats an odd manufacturing thing, as i have a 1200 crf that does both. I used to have the lrf and that did metres and yards by a coin switch in the battery compartment. Odd.

SD Regular
    That's interesting. Maybe it's like the "hack" to swap the Zoning n a CD Player? Something that is built in by the makers that they choose not to tell the customer about. Oh gosh! I can't believe that I've given the thing away when all I needed to do was "hack" it. Bother, blast and damn! OTOH he's a nice man and I don't begrudge him the device.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    FLYTIE is right. I know! I bought a Leica CRF 1200 reduced, new in box, from the Leica Store Mayfair. Got it home and...yes...metres! Bugger! So I gave it away to my friend's son, a soldier, as he uses metres in his daily work.

He was very happy!

I too was under the idea posted by STALKER .308 that like the older Leica Rangefinder LRF 1200 that I had earlier bought for my son that these too had a button to switch from yards to meters. Uh oh! They don't!

It's the later model but yards only or metres only the CRF. And that's it. No "Y" or "M" select button...so much for progress by continual evolution.
    ES, I believe we are both right on this. According the Leica online information the CRF 1200 came in either metres or yards, not both. The box and information with mine clearly state "Yards."

And as I have now bought a mil-rad scope I would like to move over to a metre CRF. I looked online for information about swapping over measuring units on my CRF, but to no avail, they made two different models, one in metres one in yards. Naturally I have the wrong one ;-)

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    erm, not really. I have hte lica crf 1200 does metres and yards, just a case of pressing a combination of the two buttons and instead of the red square being there it is a red square with a dot that comes up......
    S.308, I got my CRF1200 out of it's box and you comment about holding down a combination of the two buttons is wonderful, apart from the fact that the Leica CRF1200 only has the one button. So, I am sorry, but I still think your comment was unhelpful and what is more, ill informed.

S.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    The CRF 1200 was either or yards or meters.

Leica CRF 1200 - Y or Leica CRF 1200 - M

If you want to know which you have and no longer have the box, remove the battery. There is a sticker on the top side under the battery. Y = yards M= Meters.

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube