Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Life MPG

Account Suspended

True Life MPG

Has anyone got a new Ford Kuga diesel 180 auto?
    Would like to know the true mpg please.
    The advertising splurge say it does about 2 million miles to the gallon !!
    I thought more like 25 mpg

This is a useful site for real mpg, but bear in mind it realise on honest user input. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford

I use this German site to log and accurately record all of my own mileage a search should find the model you are looking for http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/search.html

Fuelly.com may help

I've got one and on it's first tank of fuel, driving down from the highlands, it did 34 to the gallon, the second tank worked out at 37 to the gallon, the vast majority was done on motorway and A roads and involved hours at at time on cruise control at the legal limit. The mpg was worked out by the satnav that has some eco function on it, so the distance travelled was correct. Have to say though the computer was giving the most accurate have mpg of any car I have ever had. Can't help beyond that no more fill ups, it's only a fortnight old

You must not expect to get the consumption figures quoted, unless you intend to spend all your time behind the wheel in a test lab and travel no distance

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

hired/tried one on my quest for a replacement motor it was good on fuel full tank gave me ss2 to Dorset and back with two days putting around town , but the road noise has put me off anyone know of a way to make them better on a motorway at speed ?? also any one had one in the mud yet ???

Account Suspended
    Thanks for the help guys

Ive got a short list of
    X Trail
    CR V
    Kuga

The last time I had a ford I swore blind I would not have another, but the Kuga seems OK, as do the other two in all fairness!

I think I would be very wary of German sites giving estimates of mileage, bit like pollution figures.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    hired/tried one on my quest for a replacement motor it was good on fuel full tank gave me ss2 to Dorset and back with two days putting around town , but the road noise has put me off anyone know of a way to make them better on a motorway at speed ?? also any one had one in the mud yet ???

try different tyres

I suspect everyone i know tells "white" lies about their fuel economy its almost as if its some kind personal aggrievement to admit that your motor only does 10 to the gallon.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    I think I would be very wary of German sites giving estimates of mileage, bit like pollution figures.
    The site I mentioned - sprintmonitor - works by putting in the fuel volume and mileage. An exact and accurate calculation of MPG unless you deliberately input incorrect data - I don't see many people that want to use this tool doing this on a regular basis, so if you ignore the cars with a low number of refills you wont go far wrong.