Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebarrel Tikka 595 vs new t3 lite

Rebarrel Tikka 595 vs new t3 lite

Should i Re-barrel a Tikka 595 action in .204 ruger or buy a new t3 Lite as ive phoned about and its gonna cost me about the same either way but buying a 595 action and re-barreling it, im gaining the option of a medium weight fluted barrel that id really like. in fact it might even work out cheaper.

It will probably be more fun and more exclusive to have the rebarrel. You'll then have a one-of-a-kind rifle.

i know that but it gonna take a while for the barrel to arrive and then there's the fitting etc, whereas there's the convenience of buying a t3 off the shelf and swapping the stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    It will probably be more fun and more exclusive to have the rebarrel. You'll then have a one-of-a-kind rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
    i know that but it gonna take a while for the barrel to arrive and then there's the fitting etc, whereas there's the convenience of buying a t3 off the shelf and swapping the stock.
    Well, you won't go wrong with a T3 then if you're not able to wait. Depends on how desperate you are to get your hands on a .204

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
    Check the waiting time for a T3 in 204Ruger.
    That may also be a wait.
    The T3 is the more modern action and many gunsmiths rate them for donor rifles, as they do with the 595/695 actions.
    With a custom barrel you can specify length and profile yourself.

Why do you think there will be a wait? There are often barrels available to buy of the shelf, depending on what your after obviously, and maybe .204 won't be the most common but still worth phoning round. I spoke to Neil McKillop a week ago and he has a stack of Pac Nor Super Matchgrade barrels in stock.

I have the 595 in 243 and t3 lite in 308 and imo the 595 has a much slicker action than the t3. they are both nice but I prefer the 595 .

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I have just had a 20 in a595 action from Neil mckillop and I find the action so slick it's silly, I also think the T3 is a good action but for a small round such as the 20/223/204 etc the current T 3 action is very long, it feels like your taking the bolt out of the action compared to the 590/595.

And also as mentioned you can of course choose the barrel contour length and twist rate if you have the 595 re-barreled

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

You should rebarrel the 595 action, Although the T3 is a very good action its not as good as the 595, which are regarded by many as some of the best actions tikka have made
    Being flat bottomed it is easier to bed then the T3 and you dont have that horrible flimsey piece of alloy masquerading as a recoil lug to worry about
    A properly fitted custom barrel will be consistantly more accurate then the hammer forged factory tube you get on the T3

ian.

Looks like you should be going with the 595.
    I also think that actions should try and be to scale to the cartridge chambered.