Thread: Cobra blade gen 2 + laserluchs IR

Cobra blade gen 2 + laserluchs IR

I got a trial of a cobra blade, will be on a 223 with a swaro z3 4-12x50 with a laserluchs IR. Seemed to be clear the other night to about 150yards over a grass hillside to a wood edge, but when I turned on the laserluchs IR it became a blur past 50 yard. Hard to pick out anything in cover too, seems to pick up branches easier than quarry ect. Also how does starlight affect viewing quality? And would the extra IR make it too bright?Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice on its use. First use of a nv setup and am planning to go out and have more of a play and set up, maybe even put it on the 22 and have a go at bunnies. Thanks

I have a Cobra Titan 2+, on swaro 2.5-15, also with a lasaerluchs ir on it,, it works a treat, it will flare on anything close to the ir, starlight wil not make any diffence to the unit, full moon will make everything very pail, but still ok, I think your focussing issuse are because I dont think you have parrallex on your scope, it will only focus in at one distance, you could try altering the eye piece to get it focus at a different distance, it is not ideal though, hope this helps, if you need any help pm me and ill talk to you, cheers

Thanks for the reply. I was using different mags and I noticed less mag was better. It was fine with the internal IR but was only a white out sort of thing past 50 yards with the external IR. I used the focus on the cobra but that didn't seem to make much difference. Maybe as it here was a lot of moon that made the difference. Maybe just need to have a good fiddle and see what's best. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ferreting lad View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was using different mags and I noticed less mag was better. It was fine with the internal IR but was only a white out sort of thing past 50 yards with the external IR. I used the focus on the cobra but that didn't seem to make much difference. Maybe as it here was a lot of moon that made the difference. Maybe just need to have a good fiddle and see what's best. Cheers
    you have to use a scope with side parallax to use a n/v ad on all lasers illuminators will reflect back at you depending on weather like putting your high beam on in the fog you cant see as the light bounses back at you same as illuminator on your n/v hits rain mist etc buggers up your distance so how do you solve this well using les powerful ir led will help but unfortunately its part of the game some nights brill some nights not so good just like lamping I have used most n/v out there and even with my high end dedicated sights still get the same problem flare back but you have to get a better scope for your ad on your limiting your self and whats behind your target if you cant see well at a target you have no hope of nowing whats behind it more expencife scopes rarely work well with n/v why you ask they have more coatings which restrick ir light getting to your n/v best scope for ad on n/v ags 8x30x56 have used this scope with pvs14 to 200yards with no illuminator when I worked for soviet bazare ags scopes were the ones we recommended for all night vision ad on sistems

forgot to say once you set the monocular on the back you do not move the eye bell or the front focuse on the night vision monocular you onley move the parallax on your scope most day scopes can onley go to about 12mag max with night vision added you have to find the best picture mag for your scope with the night vision on the back and can you get the cross hairs visable with good image no this is long winded but its all about set up once you have done it a few times you will wonder what all the hassle was about but id recommend a different scope ags mtc remember bigger objective will give you more light throe the scope and more ir light to your night vision monocular hope it helps sorrey for the dyslexia

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated! Seems to be good with the internal IR. Gonna take a walk just now and have a play with it. Don't want to swap scope as I still want a high end scope for sitting out, first morning and last thing light for roe ect. See how I get on and while let you'd know

Not all glass is suitable for night vision add ons, the more expensive scopes have a coating on the lenses making them unsuitable for night vision add ons, get yourself on the night vision forum the lads on there will put you right

SD Regular
    Also bear in mind that you won't get the Blade much above 6x mag before picture clarity goes. I have had one alongside a PS28 and the PS28 had a much brighter picture. It also has higher res and should therefore take a bit more mag - and it's cheaper. Drop me a PM if you want more details.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........