Pudelpointer

Must admit i looked to see if it was april the 1st; ever day is a school day, good luck with the search.

Hi All, does anyone know of working Pudelpointer breeders in the UK.
Regards Derek
Hi there ,Im not a breeder but I do have one and the guy who sold me him stopped breeding them because there wasn't a big demand for them .If you want any more information pm me and I will give you his contact numberP1000257.jpg
ATB bugsy

I've had the pleasure of working with one for over two years now,what character they have,never a dull moment.A great all round hpr that works great on the deer.I'll never be without one and cannot praise them highly enough .Good luck with finding one.IMG-20151128-WA0001[1].jpg

I've had the pleasure of working with one for over two years now,what character they have,never a dull moment.A great all round hpr that works great on the deer.I'll never be without one and cannot praise them highly enough .Good luck with finding one.View attachment 65235
Hi fbrad, hope you don't mind me asking where you picked up yours as there ain't to many about . My dog is only now starting to grow up , they seem to be slow to mature, but I was a beginner with this breed and didn't realise how easy bored they get .Full of go and only ever used on deer but he will stop and point at any bird which was a pain as I kept him clear of all birds as I don't shoot any. Wouldn't part with him now. Hope my mates don't read this because up to about 6 months ago I was thinking on getting rid of him.

Just reigniting this thread as have been looking and thinking of a Pudelpointer but can't find anyone in the UK that breeds them, I have a 3 year old wirehaired vizsla dog now but am looking for a second working dog and must admit these have caught my eye. I have seen plenty of breeders in America and Germany and at the moment I am just debating wether to try contacting some breeders in America. So just wondering if anyone out there can help.

cheers

Hi
I have 2 separate litters available, a bitch pup was selected by our client from the first litter which is now 15 weeks old and she will travel to the UK shortly, the second litter is expected imminently
Just as a matter of Interest, we have supplied several PPs to UK agencies incl Border Force and all are now on active duty
Please PM for details
www.huntingdogseurope.com
hello@huntingdogseurope.com

Last edited:
Hi fbrad, hope you don't mind me asking where you picked up yours as there ain't to many about . My dog is only now starting to grow up , they seem to be slow to mature, but I was a beginner with this breed and didn't realise how easy bored they get .Full of go and only ever used on deer but he will stop and point at any bird which was a pain as I kept him clear of all birds as I don't shoot any. Wouldn't part with him now. Hope my mates don't read this because up to about 6 months ago I was thinking on getting rid of him.

Very popular with Grouse keepers, which is probably the best place toll on it you are after one.

Hi cervusnippon2013,
just had a little read up on the deutsch drahthaar very interesting and I think I will look into this breed further.
as with the Pudelpointer it appears that I will probably have to contact some German breeders and find out some more details.
cheers for the heads up and very much appreciated.

It all depends wot u want the dog to do and ur training style and the type of dog u want.

I really like GWP's but i would touch any DD import i've seen or heard off with a barge pole. But thats my personal opinion for the way i train and type of dog i look for, DD's lines are really not my cup of tea.
I prefer the more danish or home grown lines and thats wot i'll be looking for when time to get another 1

Must admit know nothing about puddle pointers but often the fact there so rare tells u there better breeds doing a similar job and u will pay throu the nose for a pup and chances are it might not be that good (due to limited geuine working lines, and more prone to inbreeding or disease for the same reason)
Good luck with it thou

Bog trotter just wondering if ur mixing up the nick name 'pendle' pointer ie lab/GWP cross?? Can't see any grouse keepers i know paying top money for a minority breed/fashion assescory dog

...Bog trotter just wondering if ur mixing up the nick name 'pendle' pointer ie lab/GWP cross?? Can't see any grouse keepers i know paying top money for a minority breed/fashion assescory dog

my understanding was the the generally accepted name was Pennine Pointer, not Pendle Pointer, and that the cross was popular with gamekeepers, forestry workers and the like in the Durham/Cumbria/Northumberland/Scottish Borders area.

it appears that the usual outcome is a Black dog with the physical characteristics of a GWP with a more Lab-like temperament - more adventurous than the average Lab, but less rocket-fueled than the average GWP.

personally that suits me fine - i wanted a dog with the physical and mental hardness of a GWP for work, but that was going to be easier to live with and train as a dog that lives with my young kids, comes on holiday with us, and lives in our house and one that won't go spare if we end up in the office for most of the day. losing 5 or 10% of the 'edge' of a full GWP by mixing it with the more relaxed, perhaps less capable, but more biddable Lab would be no problem as i don't know anyone who thinks they've ever used 100% of what a GWP has to offer.

personally, as long as the welfare of the dog is ensured, i don't understand the preciousness over mixing breeds - all the current 'pure' breeds are the result of people within the last 200 hundred years thinking 'i want a bit of that dog, a bit of the other, a splash of this and a dash of that'.

for myself, i wouldn't have bought a full GWP regardless of the price - we're simply not the right home for a dog of that energy and capability, and it wouldn't be the right dog for us.

Back