Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: makes no sense to me

makes no sense to me

Well I've had some of the local sh*t flickers that I shoot for asking if I can do pigeon and the like so I thought I'd look into getting a shot gun as although I've shot them before I've never owned one as never had the need
    so here's the thing I can't understand
    So having a section 1 ticket to get a rifle I can apply for a variation to get a semi auto 8 shot shotgun but if I only want a normal o/u shotgun I have to go through the rigmarole of getting a second licence !!
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

You are talking about the Firearms Act 1968. Sometimes it confuses us all.

I can never understand when I renew my FAC & Shot Gun Certificate and put in a coterminous application why it needs two sets of forms.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

But having only one set of forms would count as an improvement of service, something they all seem to wish to avoid
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The police have so much time on there hands, they need to make extra work for themselves. Imagine if they issued a single license, that would mean you , might get a decent turn around time on a renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    The police have so much time on there hands, they need to make extra work for themselves. Imagine if they issued a single license, that would mean you , might get a decent turn around time on a renewal.
    Yeah taff bet ya can't believe ya luck now you're under the kiwi system, so much more simple once ya got it isn't it.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

So simple, show your card, get your ammo, same goes for a gun, it makes sense really if you are safe with a 243 you are obviously safe with a 270 etc

Quote Originally Posted by Munty1 View Post
    You are talking about the Firearms Act 1968. Sometimes it confuses us all.

I can never understand when I renew my FAC & Shot Gun Certificate and put in a coterminous application why it needs two sets of forms.
    Must be a while since you renewed then.

F
    Last edited by Frank Homes; 02-12-2015 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    So simple, show your card, get your ammo, same goes for a gun, it makes sense really if you are safe with a 243 you are obviously safe with a 270 etc
    I agree with you and even more to the point, if you are thought to be safe with a .243 or a .270 then why would you not be thought of as perfectly safe with a shotgun?
    However, as has been said these are the UK firearms laws!

Quote Originally Posted by taff View Post
    when did it change?

f