Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a stock macheened for a Sako 75?

Getting a stock macheened for a Sako 75?

I have been seriously thinking about buying a left handed GRS stock for my right handed Sako 75

GRS will sell me a blank LH stock and then ill need to get it macheened and bedded for my Sako 75 III 243

Can somone indicate a cost for thease works and who they would recomend?

ATB

Chasey

I have no idea what the cost would be (don't expect change from £450) but Neil McKillop and Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks (don't let the name put you off) both have the capability to carry out what you desire.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Speak to Joe West Stocks and see if they can produce you want you want from scratch. Seems a shame that GRS can't do it themselves as I'm that there's a (ok, very small) market for left hookers that want access to shoot right handed rifles...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Speak to Joe West Stocks and see if they can produce you want you want from scratch. Seems a shame that GRS can't do it themselves as I'm that there's a (ok, very small) market for left hookers that want access to shoot right handed rifles...

I sent Joe an email

I dont want to shoot a RH rifel but its very hard / impossable to buy a LH Sako 75 /85 in SS

I've just had exactly the same issue. I don't mind shooting a right hand action, especially off a bipod or sticks, but I want a left hand stock with the correct cheek piece. I asked GRS for a right hand action left hand stock for a Sako 85. Simple answer NO. They do this for some of the Remingtons.

Quote Originally Posted by llwynog View Post
    I've just had exactly the same issue. I don't mind shooting a right hand action, especially off a bipod or sticks, but I want a left hand stock with the correct cheek piece. I asked GRS for a right hand action left hand stock for a Sako 85. Simple answer NO. They do this for some of the Remingtons.
    Do they do a left handed stock for a lefty action? If so might it be easier to get one of these and channel out for the bolt on the other side?

Probably around £350 ish to do a 75 action depends on the state of the stock to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Do they do a left handed stock for a lefty action? If so might it be easier to get one of these and channel out for the bolt on the other side?

They dont do a lefty action for a Sako 75

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    Probably around £350 ish to do a 75 action depends on the state of the stock to start with.

It would be new and without any work on it (IE a blank)

Do you do this? Zero responce from Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    I sent Joe an email

I dont want to shoot a RH rifel but its very hard / impossable to buy a LH Sako 75 /85 in SS
    I would have difficulties shooting a left hand rifle as a right hander, why would you not consider getting a stainless T3 in left hand? Much better selection on stocks also.
    edi