Thread: Another Blaser Saddle mount question

Another Blaser Saddle mount question

Hi gents,

I have been looking around for some help regarding tightening of blaser saddle mounts.
    The barrel,clamp is loose and I would like to know what is the recommended torque setting for the star screws.
    Best I found is to gave tighten so the clamp has same resistance as the cocking lever.
    A good fried recommenced slightly less than that so I will go with his advice to start with.

cheers

Hi TSG,

Please find attached email address. I have contacted this guy directly a few times over different issues and he's response was always prompt and helpful.

darren.hull@blaser.de

Regards,
    Glendine.

will do cheers. managed to get it close enough to have a pozitive lock. took 5 min to grind a flat screwdriver but to fit the star screws

Before i send the Blaser mounts back perhaps someone on here can help please.
    The shop was out of stock, so sent me the saddle mounts through the post, they are loose so the star shaped nuts need to be loosened.
    There is the problem, my friend lent me the Blaser screwdriver, but i just cannot get the damned things to turn and don't want to risk damaging them, the only solution i can think of is to send them back for them to do it.
    Any ideas please?
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Before i send the Blaser mounts back perhaps someone on here can help please.
    The shop was out of stock, so sent me the saddle mounts through the post, they are loose so the star shaped nuts need to be loosened.
    There is the problem, my friend lent me the Blaser screwdriver, but i just cannot get the damned things to turn and don't want to risk damaging them, the only solution i can think of is to send them back for them to do it.
    Any ideas please?
    Cheers
    Richard
    If I'm reading you r post correctly.... if the locking clamps are loose you want to be tightening up the star screws one segment at a time until the clamp lever pressure feels right... I use a shotgun turnscrew and the stars can be a bit tight to get going.

Cheers

Fizz