Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Hunter Education Certificate

  1. #1

    Hunter Education Certificate


    I have the option to go deer hunting in Colorado later this year. From reading the state website it appears that before a license can be obtained a "Hunter Education Certificate" is required.

    The site implies that a "hunting license" from England is acceptable as a subsitute - However no actual examples are stated and I am unclear what they are refering too.

    Is this a DSC1 or some other cert?

    All comments, ideas or experiance welcome.


  2. #2
    I would guess and it is only a guess that dsc1 would fit the bill. Can't think they're looking for anything more advanced.

  3. #3
    This is from the Colorado Department of Wildlife Site.

    "A hunting license from any of the following countries (they donít issue "hunter education cards"): Australia, Austria, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland. The Division of Wildlife will evaluate hunter education and hunting license information from other countries on an individual basis. Please fax (303/291-7113) or mail (Colorado Division of Wildlife, Attn: Hunter Education Section, 6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216) copies of your information well in advance of your desired hunting season."

    It looks like you could just fax or mail a copy of your license and they would tell you if it was acceptable.

  4. #4
    I'm not at all sure that all of the countries listed have a formal hunting licence gained by examination (New Zealand for example) so maybe either your FAC would count as a hunting licence or something like a UK Game Licence might be put forward.

    If I am wrong and all of these countries have a hunting licence based on examination then it would have to be DSC1.

  5. #5

    Thanks for the input. I read the HE rules and have faxed over my FAC and am awaiting a reply - on the basis that the UK does not give a hunters certificate but that permission to hunt is acombination of Police permission, via the FAC and the landowners permission with whatever constraints they wish.

    I will post the result


Similar Threads

  1. If you think Education is expensive, try being stupid.
    By howa243 in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 18:57
  2. Open certificate
    By Wingers243 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-07-2009, 17:31
  3. early certificate
    By dave kelly in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 21:44
  4. Dsc 1 certificate
    By Trapper in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 15:47
  5. Certificate variation
    By Andrew S in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 20:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts