Thread: sauer 202 6.5x55

sauer 202 6.5x55

hi,

I am new to the board and thought i would get some opinions good or bad on the sauer 202 chambered in 6.5x55. I am waiting on my FAC comming back with the slot granted for hte above rifle. I liked the feel of the rifle including the balance etc and after a lot of pondering about calibers i took the plunge with the 6.5, i dont think i will get the chance to travel for wild boar etc so realisiticly i shouldnt need anything bigger at the moment.

regards
    keith

Excellent choice of rifle and calibre - says the bloke who just sold his 202....

Where are you in sunny Norn Iron?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I use a Sauer 202 Outback in 6.5/55, there a very good rifle. I use Norma 120 grain ballistic tips in mine and would definately recomend them.
    Some people dont like the safety on the 202, i went from using a Sako 75 and found no problems, i really like the safety on the 202.

wicklow202

Cracking Calibre. Just ordered one. My father does not use anything else.

Sauer 202 is a very good rifle. I have shot both plastic and wood versions and they are both grand . I personnaly would go for a plastic stock fluted barrel, but I like a plastic rifle more so I would... If I could afford one I would buy a Sauer,but have chosen Tikka due to funds.

You wont go wrong with that combo

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Excellent choice of rifle and calibre - says the bloke who just sold his 202....

Where are you in sunny Norn Iron?
    I am close to the international airport, originally from lisburn.

Just a thought. Have a look at the 7x64 Brenneke. May take a while to get to you but its a really cracking round! Maybe look at buying a Sauer with a barrel in each calibre? That give you (IMHO) some of the medicine for anything north of the equator.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore