weather

Over the last couple weeks a couple of pheasant shoots have been cancelled that I know of due to the wind. Going off the wind now one will need a ak47 not a shotgun to even stand a chance. It's good for the fire thoughh keeping the glass clean.

Hailing horizontal on our shoot the other day. We did stay to the end. Think you must be right RD. All softies south of the border!

David.

It's not the weather it's all the trees, branches that are coming down.
We're use to all the wet weather in Cumbria.

Underwent ankle surgery 6 weeks ago, and still not mobile........so every 'rubbish' day we have I just think " ah well, probably wouldn't have gone anyway", therefore thinking I'm not missing so much! Looking at it, this weekend shall be no different either! .......This is very selfish of me I know...sorry 'bout that chaps!

Pretty wild here today. I dogged in about 100 acres of scrub in the hope that i can get the wanderers back in to the drive for tomorrow but even pheasants were out of it. One snipe was the only braveheart.

Shoot day for me.....20\25 mph in the Soft South.....a guest of Peter Theobald...Farmers day but don't no how I get on that day as I just shoot their foxes.

One next week, + 2 beaters day with one being a partridge day....:rolleyes:

Tim.243

100 bird day cancelled here for tomorrow due to potential hazards for both guns and beaters. People coming from long distances so expectation of wider disruption.
I was looking forward to a slog through mud, horizontal rain and falling branches. Still, safety first - I'd love to have a shot at pheasants gliding in a 60+mph wind.

Moose hunting tomorrow. Oh great joy, standing around in the pouring rain. Is it too late to take up another hobby?

Moose hunting tomorrow. Oh great joy, standing around in the pouring rain. Is it too late to take up another hobby?

Just to rub it in, our mutual acquaintance has just beetled off back to sunny Portugal for another long weekend in piggy Valhalla. If he gets into double figures and doesn't leave any for February I've informed him not to bother coming back. :D

Last edited:
Out on a partridge day with a few wild pheasants, and a few wild mates in the morning, three and a half weeks after a heart attack and a "procedure". Fifty miles an hour winds behind them should be interesting. Just need to feel normal again.

Back