Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Durban

Durban

I'm off to Durban in a few days over xmas, anyone on here from there??

Cheers

Not from that part of SA but my sister lives there. Most of it is a shithole in my opinion and will be full of holiday makers from Transvaal or whatever it is called nowadays.

SD Regular
    If you haven't get a Yellow Fever injection and, more importantly its Certificate. Elsewise you will get "aggro" on arrival at the airport from officials angling for "dash" (cash) if you haven't got one and threatening all sorts of nonsense. Have some Rand before you go, especially, small value notes for said "dash" and, again, try and sort out someone to meet there that is local.

Never been, but going to spend Xmas there with friends. How far away is it from any real wildlife, springbok etc?

Cheers

Will do thanks. Got a mate who I'll be staying with meeting me at the airport. It was the same when I went to Kenya by the sounds of it

Since when did you need yellow fever jabs to get into SA

Go to Zululand parks like Londolozi and Hluhluwe for game viewing

Cheer Sjambok, I will look into them

SD Regular
    Since when did you need yellow fever jabs to get into SA
    I didn't say it was. It isn't. You are correct in that.

What I said was that if you did not you may well get "aggro" on arrival if you don't have a Yellow Fever Certificate.

However do be aware of this from South Africa Government this:

http://www.transport.gov.za/Portals/...0COUNTRIES.pdf

Which is what, in fact probably, will be used as an excuse to cause you "aggro" by officials seeking "dash".
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 05-12-2015 at 22:36.

I felt truly rotten after having a yellow fever vaccination. I'd suggest not getting one unless you really need it!