Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Blaser R8 Prof - Mod question

  1. #1

    Blaser R8 Prof - Mod question

    Need to get a mod for my soon to arrive 308 R8 Prof. looking at some other threads i have reduced it to ATEC and Hardy. Can anyone provide some info as to what ATEC is the best fit for an R8 and with the Hardy assume it is the Gen 4 (though i notice a Gen 5 on their website also).
    thanks

  2. #2
    Hi Blaire.
    Take a look at DPT, I've one on my 308 barrel and a Atec on the 22-250 barrel.
    I like the DPT better, nowt wrong with Atec just a personal preference.. Both are nice and light and don't change balance. Both very well made too.
    I think the Hardy will be a lot more money.
    cjs

  3. #3

    Blaser mods

    I have two DPTs and a Hardy on my Blaser collection, DPTs performing better and lighter.
    TonyC

  4. #4
    ATEC maxim or push the boat out for a Simon Lawrence

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Thanks all. First I have heard of DPT. What do they go for? Re Hardy, can you even buy a Gen IV now or is it just the Gen V.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by OISÍN View Post
    ATEC maxim or push the boat out for a Simon Lawrence
    He has dropped the prices considerably, I think. I think the lighter one is now less than £400. At which price I think it becomes good value.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cjs66 View Post
    Hi Blaire.
    Take a look at DPT, I've one on my 308 barrel and a Atec on the 22-250 barrel.
    I like the DPT better, nowt wrong with Atec just a personal preference.. Both are nice and light and don't change balance. Both very well made too.
    I think the Hardy will be a lot more money.
    cjs
    +1 for DPT... perfect harmony with my R8.. fantastic mods

  9. #9
    Gen 4 on my r8 success no complaint so far

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    +1 for DPT... perfect harmony with my R8.. fantastic mods

    Getting interested in the DPT. How established is this firm, first I have heard of them

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Wanted Mod for .243 Blaser R8
    By Reado in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 17:07
  2. For Sale Blaser R8 22-250 Barrel with Z6i & Mod
    By Frog in forum Firearms
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 10:29
  3. *SOLD* Blaser R8 Pro Rifle with Mod
    By caz518 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-10-2013, 06:52
  4. *SOLD* Blaser r8 243 rifle with northstar mod
    By Kezer9 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-04-2012, 21:38
  5. *SOLD* Blaser r8 308 barrel and sound mod
    By Kezer9 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-02-2012, 16:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •