Thread: Blaser R8 Bipod

Blaser R8 Bipod

Anyone have one or seen one of these. Look good and I guess practical. Usual ridiculous price tag.
    Thoughts?

Blaser Hunting Rifles:Blaser Web News

Yes I use one, and I like them, but mixed reports when talking to others, I like that you can take it off when using sticks but it's always available in my pocket, plus if you have multiple stocks you can just have one complete and then change end on the other stocks.... Same as buying multiple Harris bipods

I had one , is nice and light but nowhere as stable as the Harris. The legs don't open wide enough to ensure a stable shooting platform imho. Sold it and went back to Harris and won't buy another one unless some major improvements are made.

i looked into this as well, but couldn't see the benefit over the harris.

I have one. I'm not entirely convinced. I will have to put a lot more shots through it before I am as confident using it as I am using my rifle which still has the Harris on it. I think you would also be cheaper dealing with Spartan (the people who make them) directly rather than paying the prices on the link above.

Thanks all, doesn't sound too convincing so will give it a miss. I already have a Harris on my Remington. Can't I just switch and use it for the R8. Wouldn't need to have multiple Harris for each rifle, or am I missing something.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    Thanks all, doesn't sound too convincing so will give it a miss. I already have a Harris on my Remington. Can't I just switch and use it for the R8. Wouldn't need to have multiple Harris for each rifle, or am I missing something.
    No, you're not missing anything. I swap my Harris between my 243 and my 308 (both R93's) without a problem.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    No, you're not missing anything. I swap my Harris between my 243 and my 308 (both R93's) without a problem.
    thanks

I quite like mine but was a bit put out when I bought a spare standard Javalin mount for my Sako 85 and realised that the Blaser bipod would not fit into the boss. Probably not enough research on my part!