Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harkilla Trousers?

Harkilla Trousers?

Anyone else use these trousers? I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with them. They are really comfortable but not as waterproof as I was expecting. I find they still get fairly damp after even a short outing and I'm certain it's not because they aren't breathable. Has anyone else had a similar experience with them? I'm in two minds whether to send them back or not. I have a prohunter jacket which is great but can't say the trousers are quite in the same league.

Cheers!

I've got 2 pairs of the prohunter trousers and I have always been impressed with them. Maybe yours have a fault?

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was worried about. I find the knees get really damp,(like im almost cold and glad to get out of them if I've done any walking though damp cover). Just wanted to check on here first before mailing harkilla or the shop about it.

Regular Poster
    I'm with pointblank. Mine don't seem to leak at all and are very comfortable. However, I do find that water will soak into the outer layer of fabric if I kneel on wet grass for extended periods, which can make your knees feel a bit chilly. Doesn't soak through the membrane and dries fast though.

I'd be surprised if you are actually getting wet on the inside (unless you've damaged the membrane on the knees on brambles etc) but I know what you mean about feeling cold and damp, but I suspect that is just the outer fabric cooling your skin when the outer layer gets wet, I htought the same but when I tested the inside, although it felt 'wet' to my knees, my hands confirmed it was still dry, just cooler......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

There is no such thing as waterproof clothing.

Ive had my pro hunter coat for 4 years now and it has had a fair bit of abuse , this year it is leaking like a sieve no good, also got pro hunter trousers they are also leaking like a sieve, never again.

I've had jacket 4 years now,and it's starting to leak trousers are ok at the moment,just got new Swazi so see how that fairs.

Quote Originally Posted by verminator69 View Post
    I've had jacket 4 years now,and it's starting to leak trousers are ok at the moment,just got new Swazi so see how that fairs.
    You won't get wet in swazi, simple.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Poor trousers. Dreadful after sales support. Have just paid to have mine repaired. Not happy at all with Harkila. Regards JCS