Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Buck

Roe Buck

I'll send a 10 cheque to H4H on behalf of the first SD member who confirms where this roe buck was hit:

KevinF -

looks about half way down its body not in the boiler room

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    I'll send a 10 cheque to H4H on behalf of the first SD member who confirms where this roe buck was hit:

Back and high just under the spine - liver is my guess.

Im with Orion
    Liver/ Maybe clipped the spine.

God save the good work.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

It was the thunk shot just forward of the back leg might have taken the kidneys out .Not a nice shot and shows what happens when a shooter get s to excited or takes a shot that is not in his own cababilitys.

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    The video said it was shot in Sweden?

I'm with Chock, just before the hind leg, well back of the vitals. I've seen quite a few continental dvd's and they are pretty much all the same, trophy hunters who couldn't care a less about the beast or the meat. Do a search on you tube for driven hunts, i think some of you will be surprised at the standard of shooting especially when you consider the equipment they use ie, custom rifles, top of the range scopes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by parastalker View Post
    I'm with Chock, just before the hind leg, well back of the vitals. I've seen quite a few continental dvd's and they are pretty much all the same, trophy hunters who couldn't care a less about the beast or the meat....
    ....and Bushwear is promoting it. I was surprised and disappointed. With its brand strength and penetration into the stalking community Bushwear could be a promoter of best practice and yet here it is seeking to make money from a video that, on the strength of the YT clip, does just the opposite.

Just my two-penn'orth.

Oh. And the 10 cheque to H4H goes in tonight's post.
    KevinF -

I am not a fan of the "hunters" DVD range. However do not tarnish all of of friends accross the pond with the same brush. Kristoffer Clausen for one maintains the highest standards through out all of the videos I have seen.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

I think everyone has to bear in mind that the animal was quartering away so maybe he did shoot a bit far back the round will still have hit vitals. Obviously it would have been better if the animal had been perfectly broadside but as we all know that doesn't always happen.

With regard to Bushwear they are making a commercial decision to make money by selling a seemingly popular video series. Don't be too hard on them, we might want them to advertise on or support this site in some way one day...........