Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What price for " GOLD "

What price for " GOLD "

There is currently a roe buck head still in the skin [frozen] potential GOLD on e bay.. this is at 250 and still going !!!!!. I would have thought the only true value was to the stalker who grassed this buck unless someone wants to PRETEND they did. [looks a fantastic head though].

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    If this one then it's not the most attractive head ever: Roe Buck head multi point deer antlers believed Gold Medal qualifying | eBay

Like you I can't see the attraction in having something hanging on the wall that was not the result of your own efforts, but then each to their own.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I have sold some antlers on. E bay, to taxidermists and interior designers, but that is a good price

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Was in Baileys today outside ross on wye, if anyone knows the area, the interior design Baileys, not the hardware store! They have a load of red stag antlers from 12 - 16 points approx 350 quid, mounted. They have a load of roe bucks on shields at 36 quid a pop and then by the counter some buck heads and doe heads....was interesting to see them, there were quite a few, so I wonder where they got them

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Was in Baileys today outside ross on wye, if anyone knows the area, the interior design Baileys, not the hardware store! They have a load of red stag antlers from 12 - 16 points approx 350 quid, mounted. They have a load of roe bucks on shields at 36 quid a pop and then by the counter some buck heads and doe heads....was interesting to see them, there were quite a few, so I wonder where they got them
    Only takes a stalker who loved his trophies to go to the hunting grounds in the sky and they'd be the first things heading out the door for sale by the family .
    N

I shot muntjac head that missed gold by a whisker, but had it mounted anyway.
    When I shot a better one I had that scored and mounted and flogged the first one to offset the cost.
    So people do buy them.

Over the years I've sold a 'few' non-descript antlers to country pubs/restaurants for their rustic/country appeal. Also prepared some for friends who own 'converted' farm-house type properties for them to add 'character' to the hall-way and so-on. It's surprising sometimes who is interested in these things.

I don't see the suprise that somebody not a hunter may admire taxidermy or skull mounts.

I have somebody elses drawings on the wall but I'm not an artist..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

What is it with the presumptions with many people that folk who buy these heads just want then to "pretend" they shot it?I have given loads of heads to non shooting folk who fancy a set on the wall and none to my knowledge "pretend" to have shot them.
    Ive been to loads of pubs and restaurants with antlers as decorative pieces and non have claimed to have shot them.

Someone we know bought a house which came with a mounted Red stag head years ago - apparently it was known as 'George', and George has since joined our family and moved around depending on who wants him.