Available: Walked up day and duck flight

Solwaystalker

I am going to do a few days over the winter over some of my rough ground for snipe , woodcock , pheasant and the usual ground game
I would like 4 guns maximum and guys with their own dogs preferably
It would be a mid morning start - break for lunch followed by more rough shooting and finish the day with a duck flight
£100 per gun
Might be possible to do a goose flight in the morning decoying on to grass fields over looking the Solway for a small additional cost

If you have space for a single gun in January to make up numbers please let me know. Prefer to walk with my pointer looking for pheasants etc rather than sit for duck or geese & I'm easy-going & seem to manage to get along with most people. Experienced with shotgun & rifle, shoot captain & obviously insured.

Weekdays are easier for me but weekends not impossible.

Last edited:
Would loved to have joined you as the country there is fantastic, but 5 hours each way might be pushing it ;)
Stop over Dom pub , hotel and we take a house in the village when we go up :lol:
As you say great country and good company what more could you want
norma

Great response ,
all a bit new to me guys and wasnt sure how much interest there would be but looks like i could set a date for the first day
How is the 16th January looking

If you have space for a single gun in January to make up numbers please let me know. Prefer to walk with my pointer looking for pheasants etc rather than sit for duck or geese & I'm easy-going & seem to manage to get along with most people. Experienced with shotgun & rifle, shoot captain & obviously insured.

Weekdays are easier for me but weekends not impossible.

If i can get a couple more guys who want the same we can get a day sorted or happy to do a day with fewer guns if you like

Col : sounds good. Will have a word with Bubble for when were up on the doe's next. Can you do an outing on the geese itself ?

Norma : Sorry m8 couldn't resist that one :lol:

How we fixed for those of us who dont have a gundog? Do the guys with them object to picking up for us? Looked a little cold the last time you retrieved for us Colin!

norwegian-man-jumps-into-icy-lake-to-save-duck-3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Ross
I have a note of that , i will pm my mobile number nearer the time for a chat about more details
Thanks
Colin

Just out of interest for those that haven't been stalking with you, can you describe the ground that you are proposing to shoot over? Farmland, marginal, forestry etc?

Mostly rough farmland , some of it just one field away from or over looking the solway , there would be a couple of short drives between the areas

Back