Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the rant for today is...

And the rant for today is...

Yesterday I woke up to the newsreader telling me the Army shouldn't go into schools and that the Koran should be taught in schools (thanks for reminding me Mr B). Today I'm told that Land Rover and Jaguar are to be sold to an Indian company.

Is it me or is so much about this country crap now-a-days?

Now I've got to go and wash some spoons so I can have breakfast..Mrs has been away all off 3 days and I've run out of everything...that's crap too.

Sorry, have a pleasant day.

Having said that I've now had a bacon sandwich made from 3 thick cut rashers of outdoor reared, properly smoked, properly cured bacon. That really wasn't crap.

I look out of the window, the tops are covered with a goodly blanket of pure white, there'll be a nice buck somewhere along the ridge behind the house waiting for next week, I've got all day to meander through the highlands on my way somewhere. That's not at all crap.

(yes, I've had coffee now and the world looks brighter)

You are far too optamistic for this forum!LOL
    Mack
    'I would be a pessimist but I don't think it would work'

Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    Having said that I've now had a bacon sandwich made from 3 thick cut rashers of outdoor reared, properly smoked, properly cured bacon. That really wasn't crap.

I look out of the window, the tops are covered with a goodly blanket of pure white, there'll be a nice buck somewhere along the ridge behind the house waiting for next week, I've got all day to meander through the highlands on my way somewhere. That's not at all crap.

(yes, I've had coffee now and the world looks brighter)
    wait until youve had your morning dump, things will be even better!

I can confirm...things are better!!

Accepting less

I heard an interesting phrase - 'If you accept less, then less is what you become.'

I think it explains a thing or two about the way this country is going.

Drew - aren't you up on Mull. A man could never get despondent living there surely! I'm having to spend more of my time getting across to London - that could make a man unhappy eventually...

Rob

'If you accept less, then less is what you become.'
    That is exactly right Rob, and the converse is also true. This is the basis of what might seem like the new-age mumbo-jumbo 'science' of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). Whatever you might feel about guys like Paul MacKenna (NLP is basically what he does) the stuff really does work. It's not a million miles from good old 'pulling yourself up by your bootstraps, looking the world right in the eye and getting on with it' type of thing. However, you do have to keep it up and follow the rules. It did actually turn my life around when I was pretty down.

And you're right about another thing, it's hard to get despondent when you live amongst such scenery and the sun is shining...it's actually Skye not Mull but I wouldn't mind either place.

Its wonderful phrase Rob, but when you have others making the choices for you that don't live by this, well things start to go bad.

I am probably too old to emmigrate, at 45, but I did live abroad for ten or more years back in the dizzy days and having returned to these lands I can honestly say that I have never been so pessimistic or bloody miserable.

As al Murray would say ... They countrys *ucked

Were it not for my shooting and family committments I would leave.

And the rant for today is

Drew, Rob, I don't know what you are complainig about.
    For the past two months my stalking life has been hell.
    I shoot a doe on one part of the farm and the farmer phones to say that there are deer cousing damage elsewhere. I sort them out and he phones again, asking if I could sort deer on another area.
    My freezers are full and there are four in the chiller. The nearest game dealer is too far away to make taking deer to him viable and I had another call last night from the farmer.

Gee, Techman - life is certainly tough for you!

Wish i could say the same about my freezer, it's looking a bit bare at the moment!