Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Cwd

  1. #1

    Cwd

    Hi,
    Why are they so expensive to stalk? Is it because they are so different to our other species of deer?

    Thanks

    Rich

  2. #2
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Middle England
    Posts
    82
    Because people are daft enough to pay stupid money to shoot them that's the only reason.

    Supply and demand.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdoc View Post
    Because people are daft enough to pay stupid money to shoot them that's the only reason.

    Supply and demand.
    And people like me make it seem so difficult

    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  4. #4
    Availability mate, nothing more. Muntjac were the same before they became so widespread.


    Trouble with stalking a Chinese........


    About an hour later, you feel like you need to stalk another!

  5. #5


    Your coat, sir?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post


    Trouble with stalking a Chinese........

    You actually stalk water deer...................

    could not resist...

    supply and demand is the main reason , the other is stupidity

  7. #7
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Middle England
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Availability mate, nothing more. Muntjac were the same before they became so widespread.
    Only to the continentals and then they wanted medals heads. Other than that you couldn't give it away. Most of us just shotgunned them on vermin drives. A good many still do if the truth was known.

    Its only been since stalkinghas become more popular and blokes are prepared to pay stupid money for any kind of stalking that even poor quality muntjac are making the prices they are now achieving.

  8. #8
    This is the only country in the world you can legally shoot CWD so I guess that would put the price up maybe.

    Its a good job for the stalkers who make their living from clients that there are people who are prepared to pay "stupid money" for them and the other species. If they had to rely on TWATS like you who shotgunn deer for the fun of it they would soon be out of business.

    The sooner your FAC is pulled the better the deer world will be.

    A well pissed off CWD stalker

    Max

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdoc View Post
    Only to the continentals and then they wanted medals heads. Other than that you couldn't give it away. Most of us just shotgunned them on vermin drives. A good many still do if the truth was known.

    Its only been since stalkinghas become more popular and blokes are prepared to pay stupid money for any kind of stalking that even poor quality muntjac are making the prices they are now achieving.
    not many people who respect there qurry would even dream of shotgunning them sorry agree with max ere

  10. #10
    Looks like I'm not alone.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Similar Threads

  1. Cwd
    By Max in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 31-08-2010, 15:28
  2. CWD
    By nell in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 12:34
  3. CWD
    By blueboar in forum Photos
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 20:44
  4. CWD
    By Max in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-02-2009, 10:55
  5. CWD
    By nell in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-02-2009, 19:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •