Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser Saddle Mount vs Saddle Mount with Rings

Blaser Saddle Mount vs Saddle Mount with Rings

Question on these. Is there any benefit to having the rings vs the standard saddle mounts. Do the rings allow you to position / slide the scope to your requirements or can you do this the standard mounts as well.

Thanks

Are you talking about rail vs rings?

Rail will let a Zeiss Victory go further forward than rings. Genuine Blaser in both cases.

If it's rail vs rings it's rail every time out of the rail options I'd choose Swarovski as the scope sits on teeth so it's impossible for it to move anywhere compared to the others

Apologies, I mean the Blaser Saddle Mount vs the Blaser Saddle Mount with Rings. I assume the Blaser Saddle mount does not require rings. If so, the benefits of having the additional Blaser rings is just for the benefit of sliding the scope to desired position ?

Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    Apologies, I mean the Blaser Saddle Mount vs the Blaser Saddle Mount with Rings. I assume the Blaser Saddle mount does not require rings.
    The Blaser Saddle Mount is either with rail or rings mounting option.
    There are loads of advantages in a rail mount, as you do not have to worry about getting the crosshairs level with the bore, there is no pressure and stress on the scope, therefore no rings marks, and is 100% recoil proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    The Blaser Saddle Mount is either with rail or rings mounting option.
    There are loads of advantages in a rail mount, as you do not have to worry about getting the crosshairs level with the bore, there is no pressure and stress on the scope, therefore no rings marks, and is 100% recoil proof.
    So why have the ring mounts?

So why have the ring mounts?
    For scopes that don't have rails!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    For scopes that don't have rails!
    I was asking for that.....

i thought the premium brands , swaros, zeiss, schmidt & b would all have rails, is this only on certain types. Am looking at a Z6i 3-18 x 50 BT. Thx

i thought the premium brands , swaros, zeiss, schmidt & b would all have rails, is this only on certain types. Am looking at a Z6i 3-18 x 50 BT. Thx
    They will usually have the option of a 'bare' scope, (for ring mounting), or rail mount - you'll have to check with the manufacturer's websites or dealers/distributors to check which specific models the rail mount is available in.

In the example you've quoted above it is available with the 'Swarovski Rail' mount - check out the 'Product Variants' drop down menu and you'll see an 'SR' version:

http://uk.swarovskioptik.com/hunting...a-300-p5006232