Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1850 Anno Domini

1850 Anno Domini

Lancaster just came back from 1850 Anno Domini. Two long nights and a day without electricityjust came to an end. Thank God for candles, gas powered stoves and understanding children. There is talk that they will disconnect the generators tonight at 5pm (we are not connected to the grid yet) as rain might come back, so we need to brace ourselves. How did the rest of the country fair?
    Quid enim proderit Homini si lucretur Mundum totum et detrimentum faciat Animae suae?

Things seem to be back to normal, although they did say that if it starts raining again they will turn the generators off. I will post some pictures so you guys can see what I mean.

If you have facebook this and this are a good tasters.
    Quid enim proderit Homini si lucretur Mundum totum et detrimentum faciat Animae suae?

electric is over rated i lived for 6 months without it when i was sixteen, we lived in the middle of a 1500acres estate and just imagine how good i would have been with the oldmans .22lr if i would have been able to use it with 1500acres to paly with

I would be 16 or 17 years old when we got an electricity supply. What you had never had you never missed, mind you I would niot like to live without this super clean quiet efficient servant today.

Blackpowder

Didnt get any rain to speak of here crazy pictures of the north west hope you all cope

Bit wet underfoot here in Cheshire - not what you want to hear. Saw a lady in Appleby brushing mud from her house into the front garden where there was a sign 'For Sale', thats not going to happen after endless videos on live TV.

I really wish someone would start a community fund (government match funded) for those affected. If it was genuinely all for those affected i'd give a 20. I wish I could help in some way, just to show the rest of us care too.

I'm pleased to be on the right side of the Pennines once again!!!! It looks like you guys over in Lancashire had it worse than we did. We had a 9 hour power cut the other day due to the floods - having moved house recently and having a lot of kit in a storage unit some 20 miles away, I was a tad ashamed at how un-prepared I was as all the camping gear/stoves/etc was safely locked up rather than in the garage next door.

I couldnt even even bag a free meal of a duck landing on the splashes in the field next to the house as I stupidly gave away my duck decoys before I moved.

After seeing how bad things are for some of you guys in North Lancashire and Cumbria I feel terrible about having a bit of a moan about the wet weather we have had on the thread titled "Weather" in another section of this forum. My heart goes out to everyone who has lost so much because of the flooding, especially so near to Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post

I couldnt even even bag a free meal of a duck landing on the splashes in the field next to the house as I stupidly gave away my duck decoys before I moved.
    They went to a loving home!

We lost electricity supply again at 3pm yesterday afternoon and only just came back. I do not mind not having electricity, I am worried having two freezers and two fridges full of food. Thankfully everything is still at the temperature they need to be, so it is all good. I am investing in a generator next week, just in case...