Get your bids in!!

After 2 000 000 will it still rot after 10 mins in the rain and break down when you want to do anything in it

I really appreciated my Nissan patrol. Without anything other than servicing I sold it four years later for 6k more than I bought it for.

My brother-in-law just picked up a brand new Defender 90 station wagon. One of the last available in the dealer network. He's a self-confessed car nut and always wanted one so has taken his chance before prices get silly. It's a bit of a toy so he was more amused than ****ed off (or surprised?!) when he took it through the carwash and saw water pishing in through the doors of his brand new and very expensive car... Still looks great though and I suspect they're not really targetted at folk who frequent the carwash every Sunday!

My brother-in-law just picked up a brand new Defender 90 station wagon. One of the last available in the dealer network. He's a self-confessed car nut and always wanted one so has taken his chance before prices get silly. It's a bit of a toy so he was more amused than ****ed off (or surprised?!) when he took it through the carwash and saw water pishing in through the doors of his brand new and very expensive car... Still looks great though and I suspect they're not really targetted at folk who frequent the carwash every Sunday!
British engineering at its best

Say what you will about them, they're still the icon that everything else is judged by. Not many Jap icons about though is there :rofl:

Say what you will about them, they're still the icon that everything else is judged by. Not many Jap icons about though is there :rofl:

Outside of your small world,a Toyota land Cruiser is an icon.......if you want to go to the outback take a Land Rover,if you want to come back take a Landcruiser..........

I'd rather have an unappreciated piece of reliable jap crap than pay over the odds for a motor whose seals leak at the first car wash from new ....
Seriously ?

Hell will freeze over before a Jap motor ever appreciates or is appreciated.

Mind and put yer skates on before trying to buy an early landcruiser then .

Defender, total poo ! and thats from someone who loves the feckin things.

Here we go again. I love my Landy but I also accept that the land cruiser is an amazing bit of kit. It's ok to like both!

If a restored 1972 Range Rover Vogue 2 door is going for £69000, add another £100.000 to the price and you should be some where close for this Defender. I'll pass on that then.!

This is an investment possibly not a truck. My dad said this and bought the last edition of the MBG - think it was a jubilee. And it was a fine investment in rust and grief. Even now the newer ones are work feck all, depite everyone retro fitting chrome bumpers and wire wheels.

bottom line is ...

A sh!te is a Sh!te no matter how often you polish it, thems the facts

Back