Thread: Venison butchery course Flimwell East sussex

Venison butchery course Flimwell East sussex

Just a heads up to let you know that Plumpton college are holding a one day Venison butchery course on
    Saturday the 5th of March

http://www.foodfarmingforestry.co.uk/

Cheers Geoff
    Last edited by KSDC; 09-12-2015 at 14:24.

hi Geoff don't you think 200 is a bit steep for a days course? unless you get to keep the meat?

I think Sparsholt were going to run a one day venison course for 140 but there wasnt enough interest shown.

Actually 135 with 35 of meat to take home.

Venison butchery course sparsholt college

Hi Ken, yes i agree it is expensive and i have spoken to the college, who said they would review their prices, i am not involved in any way with the course,
    i have just put it up in case it was of interest to forum members, Cheers Geoff

I did the course last year and it is a bit expensive but not so far off the charts as i didnt think it worth it.

There were four of us I think (old grey cells failing) and we had three deer to butcher.

Good course but seriously lacking a suporting DVD as there was just to much foe me to take in at once.

Also dress warm its bloody freezing and have comfortable shooes as your stood ALL day

A few Pics

The BASC course is 125 to members http://basc.org.uk/sporting-services...-and-butchery/. There is an option to buy venison if you so wish.

Peter
    Dr Peter Marshall
    BASC Sporting Services

Great course and you get to take the whole butchered beast home (included in price)

Hi All, i sent a link to this thread to Plumpton college and got this reply. Which might make it a little more attractive, Cheers Geoff

The Venison Butchery course run by Plumpton College is a one day course with maximum of four participants, ensuring a true hands on experience. All meat Butchered, available to take home at no extra cost. Full days training 200 per student,