Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: forestry commission contracts

Smile forestry commission contracts

Does anyone know if the forestry commission advertised the deer control contract for carron valley forest. I didn't see it advertised in the usual way. only interested because the contract was apparently awarded to the son of the FC's deer management officer for South Scotland. Maybe i just have an over suspicious mind.

Is there any reason why it shouldn't have been?
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Perhaps he was the most suitable for the job? I do laugh when I see these conspiracy posts, do you really thing someone would risk a good public sector job and pension to give someone a leg up unless they were the right person anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Perhaps he was the most suitable for the job? I do laugh when I see these conspiracy posts, do you really thing someone would risk a good public sector job and pension to give someone a leg up unless they were the right person anyway?

Well, MP's supposedly risk jail for fiddling expenses, so yes.

Granted they probably wouldn't give it to someone completely useless as the risk would be too great but give it to someone who was reasonably qualified who maybe had some inside knowledge? Or it is all above board and nothing odd at all.

You could always put in a freedom of information request and find out?
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Granted they probably wouldn't give it to someone completely useless as the risk would be too great but give it to someone who was reasonably qualified who maybe had some inside knowledge? Or it is all above board and nothing odd at all.
    Don't know the case in particular but of course there will be coaching and advice from Dad just like in anything, but my argument is just because he is the Son does mean he is automatically excluded just to keep the amateur corruption hunters at bay?

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Well, MP's supposedly risk jail for fiddling expenses, so yes.
    I can't imagine the financial reward from this would be worth a lifer's pension pot

BWAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA......
    er....yes
    and what Risk?

that's why its called the Public Sector

you think the tram company in Edinburgh got the gig because they were the most qualified, experienced and commercially sensible option?! (They had never built a tram before.....)