Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Christmas.... To me - from me.....!

Cool Happy Christmas.... To me - from me.....!

.....I had a bit of a blood rush to the head on Saturday, and decided that as I've been a good boy all year, I was going to treat myself to an early Christmas present (and in mitigation, it's my birthday later in December as well, so it was a joint prezzie...)

I've been umming and aahing about upgrading one of my air rifles for a while, but after getting weathered off last Saturday, I thought "bugger it!" and p/ex'd my BSA Ultra......for a shiny new BSA r10 mkII .

Got it Saturday, zeroed on Sunday, and nailed 2 rats with it on Monday night at a feeder on my mate's farm. Job's a good 'un!!

Look out vermin, I'm a-comin to getcha.......

Anyone else treating themselves for Christmas???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151205_165843.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	64304

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151206_163723.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	64305
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

being of sound mind i awarded me a new Hawke lrf600 range finder for chrimbo,but then this little voice on my shoulder said you deserve more so ive got a 5x40 night vision monocular on the way that has a 4g memory card to record on.cracking shooting by the way
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    being of sound mind i awarded me a new Hawke lrf600 range finder for chrimbo,but then this little voice on my shoulder said you deserve more so ive got a 5x40 night vision monocular on the way that has a 4g memory card to record on.cracking shooting by the way
    Phew! So it's not just me then?
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Last year I gave in to the temptation of some Swarovski range-finding binos ... which were stupidly expensive, so they'll have to do for this year too.

Which reminds me that I've got a Swaro laser range-finder monocular in the back of the cupboard, so if anyone wants it cheap just PM me.
    Last edited by Old-YOP; 10-12-2015 at 16:20.

Treated myself to an Aya XXV 20 bore
    I needed it - honest ! (Just had a discectomy in November)

I've had a new scope and a new moderator, although in fairness I needed both (scope broken and mod rusty).
    Oh and a new jacket for stalking and walking the dog, because it was going cheap.
    No more presents for me!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

The better half generally gets me a voucher from the local gun shop. As I do from time to time, I've lost a knife whilst out and about, so I guess that'll be what the voucher goes towards. But on the "from me to me" front, a mate has just got a Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine, which is very nice. I'm thinking about a No4 Mk2. Perhaps a bit more useable, not been dragged though trenches or across Europe or over the Khyber Pass and won't dislocate my shoulder as much as his. As a bonus it'll probably shoot straighter than his too.

Leica 10X50 HD's, 265's GG At's. and a barrel of Guinness in my local.... All welcome to share!

Marlin 30.30 with a Vortex crossfire scopeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	64314

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I have to choose from

1. Swarovski 5/30x50 bt

2. New drone pro x10

3. A new calibre to use for ?

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube