Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stihl chainsaw

Stihl chainsaw

Stihl chainsaw wanted.

Must be reasonably new and in clean, good working order.

Please pm me with details if you have one available

From experience you can pay close to new prices for a S/H one

countrywide stores are a good price for them but I don't no if there's one by you

Micky
    Angus chainsaws , very good service and back up ,

Angus Chainsaws suppliers of quality landscaping tools and machinery in the North East of Scotland

2nd hand prices high , be as well buy new and if from them it's well covered.
    I'm nothing to do with them , I just bought new from them & was impressed

Paul

What sort of saw? 100? 500? 1000?!

Quote Originally Posted by Redleicester View Post
    What sort of saw? 100? 500? 1000?!
    if someone doesn't specify an MS261 or 660 etc, they almost certainly want a 171/181

Thanks for responses.

No particular model in mind.

I can get a 181 for 230-ish new but have been looking at a 231 16" for a great price 336, so if someone has one of these models or a higher spec model in good nick at a fair price then I will consider it. I fancy one with decent power hence looking beyond the 181. It will mainly be used for logging for firewood but I do occasionally tackle bigger stuff that my bargain brand cant really contend with

I would have bought a new one by now, but in order to buy a new Stihl the supplier seems to stipulate collection in person whereas other makes can be couriered out.....which doesn't make much sense to me.

I am aware of the second hand prices being fairly high, but thought I could potentially save a bit of cash on a second hand higher spec model in good order.
    Last edited by Mickeydredd; 10-12-2015 at 13:45.

Hi Mickey,

Try F R Jones, they deliver and better most prices. I prefer Husky but if you must get a Stihl go for the most power you can afford, an 16" Bar will do almost everything.

http://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/produ...ainsaw-42-6cc/

Hope you get sorted

Quote Originally Posted by arbjob View Post
    Hi Mickey,

Try F R Jones, they deliver and better most prices. I prefer Husky but if you must get a Stihl go for the most power you can afford, an 16" Bar will do almost everything.

http://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/produ...ainsaw-42-6cc/

Hope you get sorted

FR Jones were the first company I tried, unfortunately they have the following condition of sale......

~This item is designated by Stihl as requiring a safety hand-over from the dealer, which means that we cannot use a 3rd-party delivery service for this item.
    We have regular deliveries carried out by our own staff drivers and are able to deliver directly to the following postcode areas: IP, CB, MK, OX, RG, SO, PO, BN, TN, CT, ME, CM, CO, SG, HP, GU, RH, LU, AL, SS, SL, WD, EN, IG, RM, DA, BR, CR, KT, TW, UB, WD, HA, NW, N, E, SE, SW, SM, WC, EC
    View delivery area map >
    We're very sorry, but if you live outside the areas listed above, we will not be able to send this item to you. Of course, you can always buy the item online, then come and visit us in the shop to collect your items in person.
    Please note: this policy applies to specific Stihl machines only - you may purchase any other products through this site and have them delivered directly.

Bizarrely, I can get the equivalent Husky they offer delivered!!
    Last edited by Mickeydredd; 10-12-2015 at 14:09.

I could understand if it was a top handle saw, but there are no restrictions or CS ticket requirements to buy a bog standard Stihl.

Maybe its telling you to get a Husky and never look back...

Quote Originally Posted by arbjob View Post
    I could understand if it was a top handle saw, but there are no restrictions or CS ticket requirements to buy a bog standard Stihl.

Maybe its telling you to get a Husky and never look back...
    +1 I think that you will find that this is an oversight on their internet site as this is a case for top handled saws only normally