Thread: floods in north west

floods in north west

You guys who have stalking in north west England does the floods affect your stalking much
    concentrating deer etc /
    places like Leighton mosses have red on them have they made for high or not been affected .
    Just interested

It wont affect my stalking but its stopping me getting there as one of the rivers on main route as burst its banks plus i am wary as i only have a car not a 4x4,
    DONT START

I just hope the area around hawick has cleared in a couple of weeks as I've got a trip up to my new stalking grounds in the new year

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    It wont affect my stalking but its stopping me getting there as one of the rivers on main route as burst its banks plus i am wary as i only have a car not a 4x4,

Invite me out then mate lol. I'll take you in my truck , it'll only cost you a full english lol

Seriously if you need a lift mate ( not shooting\ stalking) just for transport . I'll just enjoy the day out in another area

Atb

Kjf
    Last edited by Kjf; 10-12-2015 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    You guys who have stalking in north west England does the floods affect your stalking much
    concentrating deer etc /
    places like Leighton mosses have red on them have they made for high or not been affected .
    Just interested
    Leighton moss is at the back of my home, it can drop as quickly as it rises as its next to the sea also silvedale is under a lot of lime stone. They may temp move up the crag as the marshes rise but will return.
    I keep each of the becks either side of my cottage free as they run off the tops which run into the lake at the back of me which is high by when high brings otters into my garden.

weeman I bet last weekend was a bit hairy with that much rain even living well up

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    weeman I bet last weekend was a bit hairy with that much rain even living well up
    O Yeh, it was scary. Every couple of hours you could see the water levels risinge, becks becoming louder. I've lost a few chickens. I was more nervous about the winds, watching 40 odd foot ish ash and oak trees moving the way they were was a hairy moment. I heard a couple pheasants shoots were cancelled not down to rain but the winds and debris falling.

No stalking, but I have family up there who are currently cut off in the hills with both bridges below condemned.

Thanks mate, the driving doesnt bother me its the thought of getting stuck up there!,ive a fresh gas bottle to take up with me again this time ,my mates been and had the fire on and emptied the other soft lad! ive not been since sept,so hes used it all,looks like it will be next weekend now,im bored silly theres only so many times you can clean your rifles and move stuff around, ,,,,,atb doug,
    DONT START