Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 2 requirements

Question Level 2 requirements

Hi,

I am currently in the process of sorting out my Level 2 registration and was speaking to someone the other week who said the requirements were changing.

He said that it was changing at the end of May from 2 witnessed stalks plus 1 accredited witness requirement to all 3 needing to be from an accredited witness.

Wondered if this is the case and anyone else as heard this ?

Thanks

Paul.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    If you register after June 1st, you will need 3 A/W stalks, not 2 C/W and 1 A/W as it currently stands.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

www.dmq.org.uk If you don't find what you need to know then phone them and ask for Mandy. JC

Correct - all witnessing will be carried out by 'Approved Witnesses' for those registered after this date.

The 'new' AW will be more closely monitered and regularly re-briefed by his assessment centre direct (BDS, BASC etc).

It should make for a qualification that is to a more consistent standard of verification. There have been issues with individuals passing their ICRs in the bar etc - hopefully the more rigorous checks will weed out those witnesses that were assisting in such 'paper passes'.

Rgds

Ian

Can anyone clarify this: the wording on the DMQ website seems to suggest that stalks after 1st June need to be AW, I didn't get the impression that it was just a case of registering before the 1st June... Confused!!!

The way I understand it is, that if you have your portfolio before the 1st June then one AW stalk and two CWs can fill it for you.
    If you receive your portfolio after 1st June then all three Stalks have to be witnessed by an AW.
    Just had my brief so I hope that is correct.
    Matt as you are not far from me, if you have difficulty finding an AW give me a call, you will find me in the list of AWs that came/come with your portfolio.

For all those with difficulties in taking things in, that others post, the total reality of it IS after the 1st of June YOU require a Approved Witness to witness ,FOR ALL three STALKS.
    The portfolio is changing to a green color if you are given a GREEN portfolio YOU REQUIRE a Approved witness for all 3 stalks .

IF you still have a BLUE portfolio you REQUIRE 1 approved witness Stalk and 2 incredible witness stalks at this moment in time .

AGAIN .

After the 1st of June, you require a APPROVED WITNESS FOR ALL THREE STALKS ,on the issue of a Green Portfolio, with that you get a CD, with all the information on it appertaining to the level two, all Approved Witness have been issued with the CD in advance of the changes .

Now it can't be clearer than that .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    For all those with difficulties in taking things in, that others post, the total reality of it IS after the 1st of June YOU require a Approved Witness to witness ,FOR ALL three STALKS.
    The portfolio is changing to a green color if you are given a GREEN portfolio YOU REQUIRE a Approved witness for all 3 stalks .

IF you still have a BLUE portfolio you REQUIRE 1 approved witness Stalk and 2 incredible witness stalks at this moment in time .

AGAIN .

After the 1st of June, you require a APPROVED WITNESS FOR ALL THREE STALKS ,on the issue of a Green Portfolio, with that you get a CD, with all the information on it appertaining to the level two, all Approved Witness have been issued with the CD in advance of the changes .
    Now it can't be clearer than that .
    Which bit of my post was not clear?
    I left out the bit about CDs as that needed no explaining, he will either have one with his new portfolio after the 1st June or he hasn't because he has his portfolio already.
    Last edited by EMcC; 13-05-2010 at 22:09.

I understood all of it EMcC .

Why others cannot is beyond me .

I was at the Approved Witness meeting. Therefore the information posted above is what we were told by those who administer DMQ, as per all the Approved witness got the same information throughout the length and breadth of the UK.

At my briefing we were also told of some of the reasons it has gone down this road.
    Some of the examples were ridiculous as were some of the questions by a particularly qualified stalker of long standing.
    When suggested that he should know the answer to some of the questions asked, he said he raised it so that the speaker could expand on the answer for the benefit of the rest of us in the room!!!!!!!!
    I quietly thought to myself, with an attitude like his, no wonder there were disparities across the board, him thinking he was the only one with the knowledge to act as an AW
    Last edited by EMcC; 14-05-2010 at 10:37.