Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vodafone: Absolutely terrible customer service

Vodafone: Absolutely terrible customer service

Well its just taken over two months to sort out a complaint with 3 which I thought was difficult but trying to deal with Vodafone back office staff is just the pits. In fact its an absolute nightmare:

My son has a sim only contract with VP. His own 4s was on its last legs so he decided to try and up grade to a 6s on cotract with VP.

After several calls to VP and several call backs from them we were told we could do a upgrade in store so some months ago on a glourious Saturday we found ourselfs in their Yate store. Waited 30 mins to be seen only to be told no can do can't have an upgrade.

Back home yet more calls to VP told yes we can so back up to Yate. Guess what still no can do not even the manager could do the upgrade in store.

Back home did upgrade on phone and arrange for new i phone to be delivered.

Issues then start: courier company appear completly unable to follow simple delivery option instructions. Son well and truely hacked off but eventually phone arrives day late so all ok.

Then the real issues start.

Son who now has job wishes to pay for own contract. Vippee me thinks. We look up how to do change of ownership on VP web site, so next week I call VP on my VP phone talk to customer services who put us through to appropriate team (they only work Mon-Friday) normal hours.

Hand over to son who gives them his details bank details they do credit check and yes fine done and will take 1 week to sort. Pity they didn't specify what the week was measured in.

I get billed for sons new phone and delivery and guess what son gets no bill.

We contact VP again, change of ownership still not gone through. Meanwhile I apply for and get sons 20% discount as I work in the NHS but saying that he is entitled to same discount as he is a member of the armed services.

Despite chasing VP over several weeks still no action. Two more visits to VP in the Mall at Cribbs Causeway still nothing. Last night having waited another 30 mins to be seen I walked out of VP. My son called in later on only to be told despite 7 attempts the change of ownership its still not been set up.

So my son had his phone two months still not been billed and it still apparently is registered to me.

Anyway I have had enough now I bet I spent 10 hrs trying to get this sorted and we are not getting anywhere.

Formal complaint letter going in to CEO next week

Will update on responce.

D

Vodafone are totally useless in my experience also. I will be leaving them when my contract runs out.

Went to 02 10 years ago and wouldent change
    Vodafone and orange back then were useless
    regards pete

SD Regular
    I went to O2 also, years ago sicne I switched to BT Cellnet from Mercury's One2One as the covergae where I lived with One2One was rubbish.

OK I have the odd issue (BT Cellnet now O2) with them but they do own any problems and for they are recommended. With the number portability rules you can transfer from Vodafone to O2 now, as I am sure you know, and retain your existing number.

Same with my youngest son they debit me,even tho two different characters at v/p said he cant have one and hasn,t got one,he even called to make a payment and they where having a party so he passed me the phone i told them to stop chewing whatever they where eating,they said he had no contract so nothing to pay,absolutely useless! Orange, I put ten quid on my wifes ,came home switched it on automatically debited the ten quid phoned off mine to see what happened they said its for running the data in background it wasn,t even on!! three trips to hee hee shop and talking to manager got ten quid back plus a tenner topup!
    DONT START

Don,t worry your troubles have only just started, My wife is being billed every month for a phone which they say
    1 has not been used since march
    2 they admit the contract was cancelled in March
    3 that she cannot pay as her account is closed
    4 that the debt collection agency, will be informed it's there mistake ( 3 months later still getting e mails from a automated system)
    5 that they will contact her on the number that is no longer in use
    6 that they are unable to confirm this by e mail, and will send a letter of confirmation to the UK billing address, ( which obviously we don,t live at as we are in NZ ) and has been sold?
    Wait until you want to leave and take your phone with you, that's another tale of woe,s , which VF staff are trained to lie about, and yes I mean lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Don,t worry your troubles have only just started, My wife is being billed every month for a phone which they say
    1 has not been used since march
    2 they admit the contract was cancelled in March
    3 that she cannot pay as her account is closed
    4 that the debt collection agency, will be informed it's there mistake ( 3 months later still getting e mails from a automated system)
    5 that they will contact her on the number that is no longer in use
    6 that they are unable to confirm this by e mail, and will send a letter of confirmation to the UK billing address, ( which obviously we don,t live at as we are in NZ ) and has been sold?
    Wait until you want to leave and take your phone with you, that's another tale of woe,s , which VF staff are trained to lie about, and yes I mean lie.

You WILL be contacted by collection agency, I have just been through the same mill, my credit rating( unblemished for 40 years) has a dent in it now.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

O2 are just as bad. They have recently been pursuing me for money that I do not owe them. All the usual plethora of threatening letters etc.
    I have finally got them to apologise and see sense after using their higher level complaints system and threatening a report to the regulator and civil court action.

Don't get me started on VP.......ggggggggrrrrrrrr.

Mind you Tesco had fun with me as well. I bought a pay as you go handset 3 weeks ago, with 'locked to Tesco' sticker on box. Paid 10 to have it unlocked, waited 2.5 weeks for 'code' to arrive via email (it was coming all the way from China after all....). Chased via call centre (in Egypt - 2x30mins calls - nice but dim staff) only to eventually be told it was unlocked from the start. Will be getting my money back, eventually. FFS....................

Then VP wanted 2.50 to send me my 'free' SIM for said new unlocked phone. W@nkers couldn't even tell me when my nearest VP store was so I could pick one up on my travels. Double FFS...........................

Had only just calmed down about this as well!!!

Aaaaah that feels better......................

hh

[QUOTE=finnbear270;1051512]You WILL be contacted by collection agency, I have just been through the same mill, my credit rating( unblemished for 40 years) has a dent in it now.[/QUOTE
    I have already, apparently I need to ring them urgently etc, " this will not go away" they don,t reply to emails, expecting any day now a news flash on NZ TV do you know this man.