Thread: Photon 6.5x50 Nv Scope

Photon 6.5x50 Nv Scope

Just asking if any of you out there with the same scope are having any issues with the scope holding zero?

Bought one but haven't found any mounts yet but was advised to buy photons own mounts, SW 30.

What you using

Mine is in Leupold QR rings mounted onto a picatinny rail. I zeroed it and have been out twice now and have removed it from the rifle each time I put the rifle away and it has held zero fine. It's on a HMRso no recoil issues at all.

I have one on my .223 and no problems with zero or recoil.

regards Neil.

On my 4.6 XT if the batteries are run down the POI wanders. Slightly off topic but is the 6.5 any improvement in clarity over the 4.6 ?

I've got a 4,6XT on a 9,3x62 witch is used on a regular basis. Have had no problems what so ever and is quite impressed by the performance of this cheap nightvision. I only use it one short distance of approximately 50 yards and doubt it will be sufficient on longer range.
    Last edited by Sortseer; 12-12-2015 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxydave View Post
    Just asking if any of you out there with the same scope are having any issues with the scope holding zero?
    I have one on my hmr and had it on for about 10 weeks from New with a doubler and had no problems

Thanks for all your comments, to answer all in on post.

I use the Tikka mounts for my scope but have to reverse the front mount so quality mounts and no movement or reliability issues here. Clarity is better than 4.2 version which I used previously.

Never considered the settings going off on a low battery, but will keep this in mind for future.

Just to say had to re-zero today, initial grouping Elevation 8.5cm high and windage 15cm right, regrouped to 1 MOA at 100yards so will head out tonight and see what happens.

The only zero I was able to achieve with mine was my bank account when I bought it. That was a 4.6 though. Interesting about the wandering zero with batteries running down. Maybe that was my problem. Will have to have another go.