Thread: Snow is falling all around us.

Snow is falling all around us.

Well the snow that was forecast for this side of the Pennines has arrived. It started a while ago and is getting progressively heavier. I don't think it's going to settle or come to much but it looks like I will have to get the car up the hill out of the car park and onto the road at the front of the flats "just in case".
    Here's a couple of photos of what it was like when Cody and I went for our "morning constitutional", and came back like a pair of drowned rats. (Cody thought it was great fun being towelled down when we got back, especially when he decided he was dry so it was time to play with and "rag" the towel that he was being dried off with)
    Thank heavens I managed to get out yesterday morning to check and top up my feeders!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8258.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	64376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8261.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	64378

Hi Frenchie.
    I am just over the Pennines from you on the 'right side' of the Border . Just heavy rain all day for us. The Mrs works above Todmorden and says they have had a little.

Yorkie.

I was at the pheasant syndicate shoot this morning over on the North East coast, it started with heavy rain then in the afternoon came the snow. By the time we finished there was around two inches of snow on the ground which made for an interesting drive home especially when a few car drivers had decided to go off-piste!
    Still had a good day despite the weather.

ATB 243 Stalker.

Flooded out at work. A lot of damage and some expensive CNC machinery is a write off. River came over Saturday afternoon.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Flooded out at work. A lot of damage and some expensive CNC machinery is a write off. River came over Saturday afternoon.

Yorkie.
    This current trend of heavy spells of rain wind and general bad weather in the north has been shocking and we've not experienced anything like as bad as you guys here in the midlands .really hope your Xmas spirit gets you all through for sure the insurance companies will take quite a battering this yr ,have a safe Xmas from soggy Northamptonshire .
    norma

It dropped to -4 here and the roads are horrendous with all the service water around. One nightmare after another. Do the gritters look at the forecast do they hell.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    This current trend of heavy spells of rain wind and general bad weather in the north has been shocking and we've not experienced anything like as bad as you guys here in the midlands .really hope your Xmas spirit gets you all through for sure the insurance companies will take quite a battering this yr ,have a safe Xmas from soggy Northamptonshire .
    norma
    Thanks Norma, I appreciate the kind words.

Yorkie.