Drone

JockStalk

I was outside the house watching skenes fly over when an unusual sound and green and red LEDs in the sky caught my eye. A drone overflying my property.
Sorely tempted to end it's flying days. But of course I am of 'good character'.
Bloody things.

Probably best not to.... I heard about a chap who shot down a model helicopter on a game shoot, although most of the other guns found it hilarious the keeper wasn't impressed and I think he got done for criminal damage or something like that.

I was outside the house watching skenes fly over when an unusual sound and green and red LEDs in the sky caught my eye. A drone overflying my property.
Sorely tempted to end it's flying days. But of course I am of 'good character'.
Bloody things.

Thats what catapults were invented for... ;)

These were the topic of conversation the other day and it was mentioned that you can still jam them. I know years ago a CB would fetch radio controlled planes down but can you still jam the new frequencies ?

These were the topic of conversation the other day and it was mentioned that you can still jam them. I know years ago a CB would fetch radio controlled planes down but can you still jam the new frequencies ?
Most have GPS on board, and RTB if they lose signal.
You won't jam them readily either

No simply. The modulation and frequency they transmit and receive on make them very secure.

Anymore detail Jockstalk?..........are you in a remote area?any neighbours/did you know who it was flying it?how long was it flying?

No simply. The modulation and frequency they transmit and receive on make them very secure.

An old microwave oven manetron and a Pringles tin would probably blat it. And balls of steel, or at least foil clad normal ones.

Why was it a problem, or do you just not like them for the sake of it.?
What harm was it doing ?

It doesn't have to be doing harm to be annoying. I like the idea of getting a drone, for a number of semi justifiable purposes, but mainly to fulfil a weak but persistent boyhood dream.
One of the reasons I've not got one yet is because of what others will think of it.
I want one, but don't want others to overfly me without:-
1. Permission, or
2. Good reason, or
3. Full acceptance that they are fair game & might be used for target practice,

Maybe a sign on the barn roof: "Pi55 off Biggles. No drones without permission. Drones will be shot"

They have there place - we are trialing them at work for survey purposes. Save a hell of a lot of leg work over rough terrain and provide a recording of the flight.

But, our "pilots" do go through a 5 day training course and pass an CAA exam.

Probably find a neighbour or someone in village into flying em
Could ask around and ask nicely to respect your privacy ?

Paul

Like I said, I am of "good character" so no pot shots.

There I was enjoying a bit of peace, a clear sky and skenes flying over when a buzzy, green and red LED encrusted annoyance started overflying our place. Any harm done? Well, in the same way that someone up a ladder with a pair of binoculars staring at me would annoy. But at least when it's a person, you can tell them nicely to desist. When it's an inhuman eye in the sky, who do you approach?

I appreciate the technology has it's place, and it's benefits. But it's the first time that this technology has bumped against my outside work world. And I don't like it. That's about the long and short of it.

And it returned to its owner without any additional lead ballast.

I might have to ask Santa for a radio controlled WWII Japanese Zero fighter. Tora, tora, tora!!!!

Last edited:
Probably find a neighbour or someone in village into flying em
Could ask around and ask nicely to respect your privacy ?

Paul
A lad round here flies one in the park.
A few neighbours got a bit uppity about it but once they realised it didn`t have a camera attached they all calmed down.

Was wondering when somebody was going to mention about the camera that can film as they fly
36 grams of AAA should do it just wear a mask :-|
Regards pete

Back