Thread: Accuracy international AXMC .308 sporting services build

Accuracy international AXMC .308 sporting services build

AI AX AICS 308 sporting services build. Purchased brand new from sporting services in August 2015 with very little use, fired around 100 rnds, so still new in a practical sense and has not even been “run-in” yet. This has the black painted stainless steel Lothar Walther 26” match barrel – it is the same barrel that Accuracy International use. Has the AX AICS 2014 folding stock in pale brown and match trigger and includes 5rnd magazine. Extras purchased are Harris BRM-S 6-9 notched with pod lock, 2* 10 round AI magazines (#6955), TAB Gear rifle sling, AIM 50 drag bag + rain cover, Tier One Spartan III TAC over the barrel/end of barrel configurable moderator – all purchased brand new. The cost brand new of this setup excluding the Meopta Scope and rings was £3200, I am looking for £2500 (excluding scope and rings) which is worth it considering it has had less than 100 rnds fired.

I have the Meopta ZD 6-24x56 RD mildot 2 scope and Sportsmatch ATP72 rings which were purchased brand new and I can include as a complete package for £3500. I will not be selling the scope separate from the rifle, as I would rather keep the scope. If you have ever used a Meopta, then you will know what I am talking about…..

The rifle and all items where purchased brand new. Total brand new price with the scope this package would cost £4550. I love this rifle, it is beautiful and a real eye catcher. I would not be selling if it were not for work relocation. I have considered the possibility of taking this along with me and am still contemplating this should it not sell by the time I need to relocate in a couple of month’s time. Really sad and hard to part with this one. With Christmas coming up, spoil yourself, you have an excuse to make to the wife. Can provide more photos upon request. Viewing/Collection from Binfield/Wokingham – RG40 area, take J3 from M3 or J10 from M4, can meet at Bisley, also will consider RFD at extra cost of £30.

Specs:
    Based on a new action made in Germany. The action is tool steel with 1200N/mm2 tensile strength, gas nitride, phosphate and polyurethane coated. Three lug bolt into lock ring, 60 degree bolt lift.
    Remington 700 footprint so will fit various different stocks and triggers . Three position Winchester type safety.
    Stainless steel, Lothar Walther match quality barrel, black painted
    Muzzle threaded M18 x 1.5mm

Review on the barrel and action:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...71528910381275

So to recap:
    AI AX AICS Sporting Services Nimrod barrelled action .308 Rifle only including:
    Harris BRM-S 6-9 notched with pod lock
    2* 10 round AI magazines (#6955)
    1* 5 round AI Magazine
    TAB Gear rifle sling
    AIM 50 drag bag
    AIM drag bag rain cover
    Tier One Spartan III TAC OB/EOB moderator
    Price £2500
    Above with:
    Meopta ZD 6-24x56 RD mildot 2 scope
    Sportsmatch ATP72 rings
    Total Price: £3500

Attachment 64403Attachment 64404Attachment 64405Attachment 64406Attachment 64407Attachment 64408Attachment 64409Attachment 64410
    Last edited by spatan7510; 16-12-2015 at 16:13. Reason: Request of OP

Oops thought this was an AXMC
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    Oops thought this was an AXMC
    Close enough, with same barrel Lothar Walther and stock as a factory AXMC but at lot less the cost. As one may be aware Sporting Services is the commercial distributor for Accuracy International. The owner Graeme Clarke used to be the sales director at Accuracy International, they put these together themselves under the direction of Accuracy International. Here is a review of the barrel and action: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...71528910381275

Close is not an AXMC though. Which means it is not what I want to buy. I had said I would buy it, my fault for not reading the full advert just the title and price.

The post title is misleading. You are not selling an Accuracy International AXMC .308

The rifle is in fact a Sporting Services Nimrod barreled action. Sporting Services Rifle

The original manufacturer is AS.H Büchsenmacher in Germany (AS.H Büchsenmacher)

The stock is an Accuracy International AXAICS AXAICS Chassis System Sporting Services

I wish you luck with the sale of a very nice rifle.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    Close is not an AXMC though. Which means it is not what I want to buy. I had said I would buy it, my fault for not reading the full advert just the title and price.

The post title is misleading. You are not selling an Accuracy International AXMC .308

The rifle is in fact a Sporting Services Nimrod barreled action. Sporting Services Rifle

The original manufacturer is AS.H Büchsenmacher in Germany (AS.H Büchsenmacher)

The stock is an Accuracy International AXAICS AXAICS Chassis System Sporting Services

I wish you luck with the sale of a very nice rifle.
    Which is exactly why the first paragraph explains the build, but understand your perspective. However it is same Lothar Walther barrel as Accuracy International uses on their in-house products, same stock but as you said is not the £5500 version...

Review on the barrel and action:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...71528910381275

Happy Christmas bump..

No longer for sale, decided to keep rifle as can take it along with me.