Thread: Cabinet queen

Cabinet queen

I like this expression
    ive a few rifles in mind since selling the steyr to Madfish but I've an itch for a
    HEYM in 308
    so before I take the plunge With another make has anyone got a queen in the above cal a 20/21 would be considered .
    cheers Norma

Blimey you've had that itch a while now. Must be sore as hell. I had a beauty would have cured that itch.

Yes mate there's a sauer and a merkal on the list should I not scratch it, one for ones in tomorrow !

Unfortunately my Sauer is no cabinet queen and although only 2 years old has seen a bit of work, so no good for your purposes. What are you changing? Can you not just apply for another rifle, and then wait for the right one to come along?
    I'm sure you've tried to Sauer, if not I've got a couple you are welcome to take out before you buy. Good luck with the search.

The steyrs gone but I've several others 270 and 6.5 to turn to till the right rifle comes along .ive tried the 202 sauer very nice .
    cheers chap
    N

Hey up Doug, it will be interesting to see how long your variation takes, mine has been in 2 weeks now and i have not heard anything yet, dont even know who my new FEO is.Ian.

Was hoping a couple of days mate wife dropped into the office on the way to hers just down the corridor
    come over when it drys out and we can drive round .
    doug

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Was hoping a couple of days mate wife dropped into the office on the way to hers just down the corridorcome over when it drys out and we can drive round .doug
    Yeah i'd like that, its completely water logged over at Buckby so its a no go there untill it either dries out or freezes up hard. Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    The steyrs gone but I've several others 270 and 6.5 to turn to till the right rifle comes along .ive tried the 202 sauer very nice .
    cheers chap
    N
    I've found a 202 classic syn with Atec mod and mounts 9/10 condition and a new Mauser M12 with rail but I'd have to get a mod question is which rifle ?? Really don't know
    norma

What atec does it have Doug? Is it .308? I think the maxim works very well on .308, makes it very light recoil and flip on mine. Had the cmm4 on there too but recoil is a little more and I rarely get to see the strike.
    Never tried the Mauser but they look a nice rifle too.