Trouble registering for extended aimsport warranty

tom_o_m

Hi All

I purchased a new aimsport moderator from Ivythorn Sporting (who were, as ever, very helpful and very well priced). I'm pleased with the moderator, it isn't the quietest in the world but it is small and light which is exactly what I wanted.

The moderator comes with a warranty, I think from memory it is for two years, but this can be extended to 5 years by emailing your details to aimsport. That is the theory anyway. I have emailed them three times, over 3 months, I have heard nothing back.

This is staggeringly bad service and as the extended warranty was a factor in me choosing the moderator I feel rather conned. Has anyone else had a similar experience, or indeed better luck?

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:
Just as an update. Aimsport have changed their policy, you don't need to now register, all you need is to retain proof of purchase and you are entitled to 5 years.

This doesn't explain the lack of a response, poor service is poor service, but at least I have my warranty.

Tom

Should have got a DPT lifetime warranty, not as good as it sounds, if you read the small print :lol:

Last edited:
Hi All

I purchased a new aimsport moderator from Ivythorn Sporting (who were, as ever, very helpful and very well priced). I'm pleased with the moderator, it isn't the quietest in the world but it is small and light which is exactly what I wanted.

The moderator comes with a warranty, I think from memory it is for two years, but this can be extended to 5 years by emailing your details to aimsport. That is the theory anyway. I have emailed them three times, over 3 months, I have heard nothing back.

This is staggeringly bad service and as the extended warranty was a factor in me choosing the moderator I feel rather conned. Has anyone else had a similar experience, or indeed better luck?

Thanks

Tom

I got no response from Aimsport either, so I contacted the UK importer, Alan Rhone.
Below is his email reply:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I had suspected this would be an issue with the manufacturer wanting the warranty registered in Sweden. You have no worry at all. We carry the warranty here in the UK and we can track every moderator from the serial number. As all sales are recorded we can find out the date you bought it very easily so it does not matter if it is registered or not.

Incidentally, I find my Aimzonic mod fantastic. It replaced a far heavier Ase JetZ Compact, and I find it just as quiet and it has transformed the rifle handling.

Back