Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sitting waiting for the phone to ring - Tikka T3 being delivered!

Sitting waiting for the phone to ring - Tikka T3 being delivered!

Why does it always seem to take longer when you are eagerly awaiting that phone call to say your new (2nd hand) rifle has been rfd'd and is ready to collect!!

I'm expecting my new to me Tikka T3 Lite synthetic blued .308 with Ase Utra Mod and optilocks this afternoon hopefully at my rfd! All being well it should turn out to be a bit of a billy bargain and a nice all round stalking outfit once I mount the Meopta 7x50 on top!

Ring dammit ring!!

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Envy, but at least I now have an xtrail that looks just like yours!
    Can we share some range time on Sunday, I could do with swapping scopes around?

Your RFD rings you? Lucky man.

Up here you have to ring them then go and search for your firearm!

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Why does it always seem to take longer when you are eagerly awaiting that phone call to say your new (2nd hand) rifle has been rfd'd and is ready to collect!!

I'm expecting my new to me Tikka T3 Lite synthetic blued .308 with Ase Utra Mod and optilocks this afternoon hopefully at my rfd! All being well it should turn out to be a bit of a billy bargain and a nice all round stalking outfit once I mount the Meopta 7x50 on top!

Ring dammit ring!!

Stratts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaothead View Post
    Envy, but at least I now have an xtrail that looks just like yours!
    Can we share some range time on Sunday, I could do with swapping scopes around?

Sorry mate I am unlikely to be out before Xmas now!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Enjoy, I have two T3's in .223 & .243 excellent rifles.

If it's anything like the T3 in 22-250 that my mate has just bought from Llwynog, you'll be thinking that your 2nd (and subsequent shots) have missed the target altogether....
    .... Until you realise that in fact they just went through the same hole as the first shot!

Stratts

Let me know how you get on with it as I am awaiting a variation on my renewal to add a 308. I already have T3 Hunter in 243, but am looking at the T3 Lite for the new 308. I am interested to know what the recoil is like with it being a slightly lighter stock and what weight or weights and brand of bullet you find most accurate.

It would be much appreciated.

Good luck and hope you get the call soon.

Cheers

Stewarty

You jammy bugger thats my next purchase 308 that is ,god knows when mind you, if its anything like my others you will enjoy,
    DONT START

Nice one - I'm really pleased with the T3 I got earlier this year - and I had no hesitation taking it out in the rain last weekend - got to love SS. I'm sure that you'll get on great with it. I'll be interested to see what the Meopta is like one it.

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post

Ring dammit ring!!

Stratts
    I know what you mean. I've bought a .243 Sako 75 from Neil Sutherland. He's emailed me to say its been despatched so it should be travelling through the night to turn up at my local RFD tomorrow.
    Ammo, rings, mod and scope waiting.. Hope it stays fine.