Thread: Scottish weather for May !!!!!

Scottish weather for May !!!!!

I was out last night on a patch of ground I stalk on and boy was the weather strange I was there on Sunday and it was beautifull but last night it snowed Whats going on I thought it was global warming.Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackhills 009.jpg   Blackhills 012.jpg  

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    There was light snow fall in the centre of Glasgow yesterday as well.

The hailstones were really stinging yesterday, I hate hail it not only makes you wet but it hurts as well. There was a mighty frost this morning but it went early as the sun got up. It's a real bugger this global warming innit'

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Don't you understadning budget cuts - previous government didn't pay the heating bill so we have snow in May.

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Don't you understadning budget cuts - previous government didn't pay the heating bill so we have snow in May.
    There is no change of government up here (unfortunately). Oh you mean its Westminster's fault not Hoolyrood's

Weather must not be devolved as I'm in Northern Ireland and I was out walking on Monday and it snowed, it hailed on me yesterday, it is freezing cold all day every day and so on. I've tried leaving my gas guzzling 4X4 running at night when I park it in the garage as the great prophets of the one true green religion ensure me that is causing things to heat up, it hasn't made any difference though so I think they must be wrong.

In saying that the last date I ever fished in snow was 18th May and it was a good deep fall of snow. It was a lovely sunny day and I remember lying on my back in the snow with the sun heating my face, pretty surreal really. I also spent a May week in the Hebrides for trout some years back and it snowed every day, I don't think I had a single fish.

Karl,

How far north is the ground. I'm going up to Dumfrieshire this weekend and am now wondering what clothes to pack !!!

Cheers,

Bob

I was out on the hill going round some dens yesterday and I was white with snow as were the terriers.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Four seasons in one day just the usual for scotland