Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Scope. Which Rings.

Mounting Scope. Which Rings.

Can any one recommend a good quality set of scope rings to mount a Swaro 30 mm tube, 50 MM Objective lens on a Remington mod 7 Predator with a EGW Remington XP 100 & Model 7 Picatinny Scope Mount - 3 Hole. Want the Scope as close to the barrel as possible.
    Any help very welcome.
    Last edited by Ally Fox; 15-12-2015 at 19:42.

Hi

I cannot comment on your rail but can only recommend Burris Signature Zee rings, with the plastic inserts to minimise risk of tube damage.
    These are the equivalent of the Sako/Tikka Optilocs but for other mounting systems such as Picatinny/Weaver type.

L

Ye I have looked at Burris and Leupold but don't know what height rings to get,

Look at the dimension drawings of current rings, measuring from the bottom of the valley of the lower ring to the bottom of its base, which sits on the rail. My experience with Leupold and Burris has been that the medium in a 1-inch ring would clear a 42 or 44mm scope, depending on the barrel contour, and a 30mm medium ring would clear a 52mm scope, because the tube diameter is lifting the scope 5mm higher off the base. But that may not be the case with some newer 30mm rings, so check the drawings and dimensions on the websites.
    Last edited by Southern; 16-12-2015 at 16:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Look at the dimension drawings of current rings, measuring from the bottom of the valley of the lower ring to the bottom of its base, which sits on the rail. My experience with Leupold and Burris has been that the medium in a 1-inch ring would clear a 42 or 44mm scope, depending on the barrel contour, and a 30mm medium ring would clear a 52mm scope, because the tube diameter is lifting the scope 5mm higher off the base. But that may not be the case with some newer 30mm rings, so check the drawings and dimensions on the websites.
    Problem here is lack of information. Probably contact the Rifle Scope Store as the are very helpful.

http://swfa.com/30mm-C656.aspx

www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-systems/rings

Go see the charts for various rings on the Brownells web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    http://swfa.com/30mm-C656.aspx

www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-systems/rings

Go see the charts for various rings on the Brownells web site.
    Cheers for that info.

If its any help I use the Burris rings mentioned mounted on TET rail on a remmy 700, scope has 30mm tube and 50mm objective, I was advised to get the high rings but think I could maybe have got away with medium as a the gap between scope and barrel is about 10 - 11mm, if you can I would try in a local shop if possible??

If you email Sports-Match with your scope and rifle brand and model, they will advise the best fitting product for you from their range.
    The rings are made in the UK, good value and of an excellent quality, I have used them for many years.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....