Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please watch this

please watch this

I'm spreading this message to the widest audience possible. Please take time to watch this it is very powerful and as someone who's daughter has been affected by such an incident emplore everyone to heed its message.

Wow ! that was some heart rending message and took some making.
    That is the sort of message that aught to be broadcast on the TV and in every cinema before the main film.

Hi

A very clear and strong message - it just needs the people in the right/high offices to take note and progress.

L

I feel,......., well I don't know what to feel, maybe helpless to make a difference?, how can you change that mindset of a teenage male?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

By trying to tell them what is an acceptable way to treat other people, and talk about people with respect?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hi

A very clear and strong message - it just needs the people in the right/high offices to take note and progress.

L
    Wow, a very hart rendering message but as the proud father of 5 boys I can't agree with your statement above.

Everything to do with the video message starts and ends at home, it's about how we bring our own children up. Asking those in higher authority to sort it out along with blaming the schools and teachers is wrong and too late. It starts from the moment we become parents as it's our responsibility to bring up our children the right way, to treat others as we ourselves would like to be treated, with kindness and respect.

Hi #6Thegogg

Of course it starts with us as parents - I have two young men in my Tribe - my (in hindsight unclear) reference was to have the message in the clip put out in all the best places (as in #2 EMcC suggestion) for maximum exposure.

L

I called my mum a whore when I was 6 or 7 (1957) it was a new word I had learnt in school. I saw stars for days afterwards.
    Afterwards I have never dissed girls or women ever and I have never lifted my hand to anyone of either gender.
    Where wife/husband beating cause comes from beats me, maybe it is work or social stresses.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Wow ! that was some heart rending message and took some making.
    That is the sort of message that aught to be broadcast on the TV and in every cinema before the main film.
    That would be great but not sure they would allow it. I am trying to get the local schools to show it in their PHSE sessions. At least it will be a start.

Powerful video, I know the video is about the whole attitude of how we treat women, but at work I come across an awful lot of woman and sometimes men who suffer domestic violence from the opposite sex it is a very hidden problem. Thanks for posting it. regards sbm