Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what should I include with my application?

what should I include with my application?

Evening all!

A couple of questions relating to my FAC application:

Should I include permission letters with my application or wait until I have my visit?

Should I include letters from people that I have shot with previously or wait until my visit?

In terms of land, how do the police like to receive positioning info to check it's cleared? Do they like the farm address or Maps with the areas highlighted? I could easily supply an OS map with the areas highlighted or RLR/RPA type maps potentially. Just trying to give them exactly what they need to make it go smoothly.

Thanks everyone!
    T

I would put it all in with the application to be honest, but others might say different.

Where there's a box on the form for additional information just list all the enclosed supporting documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttoshoot View Post
    Evening all!

A couple of questions relating to my FAC application:

Should I include permission letters with my application or wait until I have my visit?

Should I include letters from people that I have shot with previously or wait until my visit?

In terms of land, how do the police like to receive positioning info to check it's cleared? Do they like the farm address or Maps with the areas highlighted? I could easily supply an OS map with the areas highlighted or RLR/RPA type maps potentially. Just trying to give them exactly what they need to make it go smoothly.

Thanks everyone!
    T

Include the permission slips and ANYTHING else that may strengthen your application. You can easily re-present them when you get the visit.
    Regards land, I just put the farm address and land owners contact number so they could arrange a time to visit and in case they couldn't find it.

Jim
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

Send in as much supporting information as you have , as for the map data just the name and address and contact details as they will contact them directly most in most cases.

Make it as easy as possible for the Police - If you have then include permission letters, references, marked up OS map - both immediate area and a "zoomed out" version to show location. Also give postal address and post code. Copy of DCS1, if you have it.

In short, answer the questions before they have to ask, show you are organised and professional in your approach

Seems you have some similar replies

Thanks everyone for your quick replies, much appreciated!

Hoping that planning on doing dsc1 in the summer will also help.

Merry Christmas!

Sorry to disagree, but what you should include is what they ask you to include....cheque and photos.

The time for all the other stuff is when they ask you for it, probably at interview. Then present the enquiring officer with all he needs to further your application.

I sent everything I had (permissions, references, evidence of prior center-fire experience, emails showing booked stalks and booked DSC1 etc) when I applied for mine.

I'd rather proffer the information I have at the start, give them time to read and digest it and then come back with any queries than send them a form with nothing apart from "I'd like an FAC please" and playing my cards close to my chest. JMHO of course!

Quote Originally Posted by stubear View Post
    I sent everything I had (permissions, references, evidence of prior center-fire experience, emails showing booked stalks and booked DSC1 etc) when I applied for mine.

I'd rather proffer the information I have at the start, give them time to read and digest it and then come back with any queries than send them a form with nothing apart from "I'd like an FAC please" and playing my cards close to my chest. JMHO of course!
    Well,if you really think he/she is going to read and digest your application before when he picks it up to come and see you........!

Better you present him will a well presented set of answers to questions he asks when he asks them. No chance of them getting lost. He's going to come and see you anyway. Up to that point it's just an unnecessarily large pile of paper flying around the forces internal post. Read the forms...no mention of other stuff...if they wanted it then they would ask.

But whatever