Thread: Rough shooting

Rough shooting

Here is a video of some rough shooting for woodcock from Ireland on the 15th December. Was a very dull & dark day so the footage isn't the best, but I had a good day none the less. Ended up with a bag of 3 woodcock & 2 pigeons. Hope you enjoy.

Link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdX...bmKo0Ccm-vWRfw

Really nice video to watch, thanks for posting it.
    Great scenery, some good shooting and a grand little dog that obviously enjoys her work.
    What more could any man ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Really nice video to watch, thanks for posting it.
    Great scenery, some good shooting and a grand little dog that obviously enjoys her work.
    What more could any man ask for?
    Thanks frenchie. I take it your not on pigeonwatch much anymore?

We are very lucky with our surroundings & dawn is a wee cracker, first proper dog I trained from a pup.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    Very nice. Your woodcock are about 3 or 4 times the size of ours and yours hold in some attractive cover. Ours are usually in the thick popular and alder stands. That veld looks a lot like some of the places in Western Oregon, rain included. Rough hunting (as you call it) with a dog is my favorite type of hunting. Your lucky to have a spot like that to hunt. A pretty pigeon too, also similar to our wood pigeon. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy Out West View Post
    Very nice. Your woodcock are about 3 or 4 times the size of ours and yours hold in some attractive cover. Ours are usually in the thick popular and alder stands. That veld looks a lot like some of the places in Western Oregon, rain included. Rough hunting (as you call it) with a dog is my favorite type of hunting. Your lucky to have a spot like that to hunt. A pretty pigeon too, also similar to our wood pigeon. Thanks.
    The woodpigeon is a serious agricultural pest over in the uk, they are also one of the best eating birds around.

I didn't realise the woodcock here were that much bigger than yours, I thought they were maybe slightly bigger.

I love rough hunting too, my favourite sort.

Nice Shooting Ollie, looks like it was a good day out, well done mate and thanks for putting up the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach2986 View Post
    Nice Shooting Ollie, looks like it was a good day out, well done mate and thanks for putting up the vid.
    No problem thanks for watching. Happy new year.