Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldfinches.

Goldfinches.

A mate has given me the use of a small paddock for some wildlife photography.
    I have feeders out with the usual foods but about three weeks ago I put out a feeder of Niger Seed, then last week I noticed that the seed level was dropping. The next day, camera in hand I went and sat in the shed for an hour. It wasn`t long before my new visitors showed up ....

https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Very nice. Won't be long before the sparrowhawk turns up! I use to feed in my garden but it made it easy for the hawks

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Very nice. Won't be long before the sparrowhawk turns up! I use to feed in my garden but it made it easy for the hawks
    That`s what my mate said when he realised how many birds I was bringing in to the feeders.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

I started to get loads of different birds in the garden including a flock of about 25 long tailed tits. As soon as the sparrowhawk found out there only ended up being about 15 but they were totally on edge. I get sparrow and various finches without feeding.

beautiful birds, probably my favourite finch.
    Nice pics.

Brilliant pics of a fantastic finch

not so many here in Kent these days

Lovely shots...My favorite bird...I worked on a big old industrial plant in September trapping rabbits on large man made banks....The Goldfinches flocked in their hundreds to feed on the Thistles that grew on them...Always brightened up my morning to see them

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    We have them wild here also in Vic. A pretty little bird too.

Patience paid off Bas.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    Very pretty. Our gold finches are the color of the black and yellow on the wings of your bird. Birds are the flowers of the animal world.