Thread: Barnes 6.5 100g and 7mm 120g TTSX

Barnes 6.5 100g and 7mm 120g TTSX

These seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo.

I don't suppose anybody on SD has seen any either for sale at their local RFD? Can't seem to get them anywhere. Even tried the importer who isn't very helpful!

Thank you
    So much to learn and so little time left

Arms24.com should have stock. Maybe worth giving them a call in Germany, as their website wasn't set up for adding postage to uk when I last tried.

Barnes Tipped TSX Langwaffen Geschosse - Langwaffen Geschosse - Waffen Munition Wiederladen Optik online kaufen | ARMS24 Online Shop
    Last edited by takbok; 20-12-2015 at 12:15. Reason: Found the TTSX link

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    These seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo.

I don't suppose anybody on SD has seen any either for sale at their local RFD? Can't seem to get them anywhere. Even tried the importer who isn't very helpful!

Thank you
    brownells Uk are showing both in stock and I believe Reloading Solutions may have had a shipment. Have you tried any in the 280 yet??

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    brownells Uk are showing both in stock and I believe Reloading Solutions may have had a shipment. Have you tried any in the 280 yet??
    Thank you very much.

280AI is choreographing the 120TTSX at 3395fps. Grouping well too. See below. 3 shots, bipod only. Just need to find more of them. Planning on having 3 or 4 days out over christmas, first one tomorrow, so should find out how good they are at doing their job as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	64610

Sweet!!!

Update. Got out on Monday afternoon in Dorset. Bumped into a few Roe and managed to shoot two of them.

New toy appears to be working exceptionally well. Not sure whether it was the Barnes bullets or the additional velocity I am getting with the new calibre but both dropped on the spot. Both heart shot, carcass damage better than the 120 grain BT's despite the extra 450 fps.

Interesting and thank you. Reading through the SD posts and on some other sites about this 280AI round and am intrigued by it I must say. Am now wondering about barrel life as it is not something that seems to be mentioned but with those velocities I have to wonder. Both Monkey Spanker and yours seem to deliver impressive accuracy along with impressive velocities and this makes me think what is there not to like?

I have some 120grn 6.5 ttsx that i dont think i will use. PM me if your interested