Barnes 6.5 100g and 7mm 120g TTSX

NigelM

These seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo.

I don't suppose anybody on SD has seen any either for sale at their local RFD? Can't seem to get them anywhere. Even tried the importer who isn't very helpful!

Thank you

These seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo.

I don't suppose anybody on SD has seen any either for sale at their local RFD? Can't seem to get them anywhere. Even tried the importer who isn't very helpful!

Thank you

brownells Uk are showing both in stock and I believe Reloading Solutions may have had a shipment. Have you tried any in the 280 yet??

brownells Uk are showing both in stock and I believe Reloading Solutions may have had a shipment. Have you tried any in the 280 yet??

Thank you very much.

280AI is choreographing the 120TTSX at 3395fps. Grouping well too. See below. 3 shots, bipod only. Just need to find more of them. Planning on having 3 or 4 days out over christmas, first one tomorrow, so should find out how good they are at doing their job as well.

IMG_0135.jpg

Update. Got out on Monday afternoon in Dorset. Bumped into a few Roe and managed to shoot two of them.

New toy appears to be working exceptionally well. Not sure whether it was the Barnes bullets or the additional velocity I am getting with the new calibre but both dropped on the spot. Both heart shot, carcass damage better than the 120 grain BT's despite the extra 450 fps.

Interesting and thank you. Reading through the SD posts and on some other sites about this 280AI round and am intrigued by it I must say. Am now wondering about barrel life as it is not something that seems to be mentioned but with those velocities I have to wonder. Both Monkey Spanker and yours seem to deliver impressive accuracy along with impressive velocities and this makes me think what is there not to like?

Back