Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muntjack in town centre.

Muntjack in town centre.

I've just looked out of the bedroom window and there's a doe munty feeding on bushes stood on a garden wall 5m from a busy cross road in the middle of Retford.
    I thought these guys were shy and illusive.

Towns and villages are full of them around here. Urban RTA's are now commonplace. This is one of the reasons you could never shoot them out.
    MS

I ran over one outside our co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaothead View Post
    I ran over one outside our co-op.
    I had to stop and let 2 across the zebra crossing into the coop car park in my village on the way out stalking one morning! Very surreal moment where me and my mate just looked at each other carried on to the woods!
    MS

There was a fairly decent buck ran over in the centre of Stafford a while back.

I see them regularly here. A guy i work with has hit several in the last 3 years

Regular visitors to baldock high street

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I see them regularly on the ring road around Oxford, grazing the verges and the roundabouts, and also photographed one outside our office next to the M42.

They are gregarious little critters and don't need much cover to survive, which I find to be part of their charm.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I had to stop and let 2 across the zebra crossing into the coop car park in my village on the way out stalking one morning! Very surreal moment where me and my mate just looked at each other carried on to the woods!
    MS
    That"s a new one, that they have learnt the highway code amazing how they have adapted to the UK.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    MS
    I had quite a similar experience with a Red deer hind and calf at the Lower Gills Cliff Road traffic lights in Ventnor on the Isle of Wight some years ago!